Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
FinoFalcon
Starter Motor

Default Chinese Motorbikes

Just wondering if anyone on these forums owns or is going to buy a chinese motorbike? There are a few on Ebay and they seem to be very good value for money.

FinoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
awsome4.0
Banned

No!!! jap only for me
awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends on what bike you are looking at and what reasons for purchasing it? The popular pit bikes are good for kids up to 12-13 and the little four stroke 125 motors will probably be reliable with a bit of TLC. But if you plan to buy one for an adult or a child with a little bit of riding skill then you will only end up breaking the bike or be constantly repairing it. You only have to look at the pics of the bikes to see little things like the tiny swingarms, thin (bendable) disc brakes etc. If you can afford it and you plan to keep the bike for a while then stick to the jap bikes. Suzuki, Yamaha etc.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
Bluefreak

Kid(22yo) down the road has one, a 250cc rec-registered job... indestructible thing it is... He rides it nearly every day, floggs the bags out of it up around Gembrook and around Toolangi... 12 months on he has only replaced tyres and brake pads...
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 12:29 AM   #5
Parfrey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are the worst thing ever invented!
i get them in at my work all the time, no thought goes into designing them (especially the 250cc size bikes). they are really poor quality and break way to easily. To much trouble in my opinion.
the 110cc (honda xr50 copy but larger) type can be ok if you get a better brand like Motovert etc.....
Parfrey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
Mongoose
Can't go around corners

Whats wrong with Italy? or England? or better yet the USA?
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 12:58 AM   #7
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy it direct from China, a couple hundred bucks, if it doesnt last forever, who really cares? I am gonna buy one and just thrash the hell out of it
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #8
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I Got a 250cc Quad bike, it’s Ok for a bit of Fun, but if you rely want to “Ride” then go and get a Jap bike.

I had only even ridden Friends Honda’s and Hasabergs in the past, As I am not really a big rider I just got my 250cc one for a bit of Fun, They don’t even compare to a Honda but ok for a bit of a bash around

The other week I Blew up reverse on mine being silly, so now I got to open the case up get all the metal out, ride it till the rest of the box blows then dump $600 on a new engine and gearbox, bike has got about 30-40hrs on it.

You rely got to make sure all the bolts and chit are tight I even repulsed some of them with better Nuts and bolts.

Next time I will just go and buy a XR250 or CRF or something and be done with it.
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
silver_xe

my friends and i have bought 3 so far with 2 more on the way, they have been really good value for money so far, just silly things like bolt and nut quality lets them down. Th e welds on the frame are really good on ours. Some have crappy swing arms and some are good, you just need to look at a few of the different sellers on there and see which ones look better in the photos.
silver_xe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ride a chinese bike for 1100 then ride me brothers kx 80 that he paid 1500 for. BIG difference.
Old 13-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Ducatti FTW
Old 13-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #12
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

oooh! A Charlie-David-san!
Old 13-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #13
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously i dont get what the big deal is, a chinese bike for a couple hundred dollars, you would be an idiot to pay any more than that for one, when there are so many suppliers for them in China - why not have both? Of course the Chinese one isn't as good, but for what you pay, it's nothing to cry about.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #14
JoesAu

W'E bought 13 of them at $1000 each good quality bikes, its been the best, i have a motorcross track at my joint hit all jumps fairly hard,i have a freestyle ramp that i hit and clear get bout 5metres in the air and land on a down ramp. nothing has broken, just bolts come loose but Locktite fixed that problem so there pretty much all good. There 125's bout to upgrade to 140cc soon, Only thing i could say should be better is the back suspension, its a bit harsh on your back but the new model for me will fix that.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 12:11 AM   #15
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you should look at this FinoFalcon: http://www.radio.cz/en/article/78242
http://www.radio.cz/en/article/78880

Not only might they be designs stolen by the Chinese but they could also be really unsafe.
Old 14-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #16
gtfpv
GT

depends on the type , some are good some are crap. simple as that . but you need to know whats good and whats not . so you need a mechanical eye .

i paid $750 for a chinese pitbike . which is a copy of a yamaha TT 50 . THE TT 50 costs $2200.

THE bike i bough has a 4 stroke engine , electric start,clutchless 4 spd man, spoke wheels , drum brakes , back up kickstart and can take 120kgs of weight . and is capable of up to 100kms hr . not bad for a 49cc engine .

the downside is , when i assembled it , before i started it the accelerator cable broke . i fixed it myself by pulling the carby apart and squeezing a rivet around the broken cable . if you cant do things like this than dont buy one .

if it was a yamaha tt50 . it would still happen no doubt, but it would go back to the shop and be immediately fixed under warranty.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #17
woodsy109

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
I think you should look at this FinoFalcon: http://www.radio.cz/en/article/78242
http://www.radio.cz/en/article/78880

Not only might they be designs stolen by the Chinese but they could also be really unsafe.
In China they have a 20yr patent rule. Most of the chinese bikes are partial copies of other brands externally. The engines are generally copied from 20yr old hondas ect as they can legally use that design.
woodsy109 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Jap big brand only. You can get the little TTs etc. for around $1500 sometimes.

Worst thing Suzuki ever did was drop the DS80, they would last three generations of family for god sake! Stupid idea to drop them, think they did it last year, would have been a Japan decision Australia got no say in no doubt. A bit like Honda Japan killing off the XR400R.
Old 14-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #19
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no chinese bikes for me. Quality and good parts supply for years to come is a good thing. If its only something to teach the kids on maybe. Ebay is infested with those chinese bikes...... its a pain cos you have to search by brand than

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #20
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy a four stroke dirt bike. Might cost ya 4-5 grand but you will never regret it (until you do a top end!)