Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #61
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
And what the Bravo/Ranger is any better? I think not.
Did anyone say they are? Did anyone even mention them? You just brought them into the conversation for absolutley no reason? :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #62
mowog
Discovery 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo72
Let me put my spin on this.....

I buy a European and spend $100k plus (and have)...it better bloody well be spot on, or I will **** can it in a survey...simply because my expectations are higher

I buy a cheapy from Korea (and have) have lower expectations, and all it needs to do is start in the morning to get a good survey outcome

I buy Australian (and have) and basic nationalistic bias has me expecting European quality, after all, I keep hearing how great our cars are....I end up applying Euro expecations to a $30k car...and WOW...surprisingly it has lower ratings

Now if I rated all on the same basis....what would the outcome be?? If I sit in a Merc, Holden and Hyandai Grandeur and test drove them for 2 weeks one after the other...how would my perceptions shift?? At the end of the day...I'd still want the merc, most probably buy the Holden and remain glad that I don't have to drive the Hyandai again....
Well put...
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #63
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Did anyone say they are? Did anyone even mention them? You just brought them into the conversation for absolutley no reason? :
Well you said the other guy was saying they had bad dynamics - but what dual cab work ute would be dynamically better than a Hilux? I was assuming you'd be one eyed to a ford product so I figured I might as well ambush your example - which probably would have been a Bravo/Raider.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #64
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo72
Let me put my spin on this.....

I buy a European and spend $100k plus (and have)...it better bloody well be spot on, or I will **** can it in a survey...simply because my expectations are higher

I buy a cheapy from Korea (and have) have lower expectations, and all it needs to do is start in the morning to get a good survey outcome

I buy Australian (and have) and basic nationalistic bias has me expecting European quality, after all, I keep hearing how great our cars are....I end up applying Euro expecations to a $30k car...and WOW...surprisingly it has lower ratings

Now if I rated all on the same basis....what would the outcome be?? If I sit in a Merc, Holden and Hyandai Grandeur and test drove them for 2 weeks one after the other...how would my perceptions shift?? At the end of the day...I'd still want the merc, most probably buy the Holden and remain glad that I don't have to drive the Hyandai again....
At the end of the day the media can spin what they want but Im the one who gives my mates lifts to the Hyundai service department and have my mates corolla on the front lawn nearly every weekend fixing a problem.

I've never had a problem with the Falcon neither have my parents and neither have their parents.

All I have to budget is the regular oil and filter the yearly coolant,sparkys, transmission fluid etc. and those damn tyre that excessively wear for some reason.....
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post