Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Default V8SC3 - Blowin' tyres

I just discovered, after stuffing up qualifying on the Shanghai track in a Palmer Jaguar, that the game will allow you to blow tyres.

After screwing up qualifying I thought "Stuff it!", and decided to screw around and see what sort of full on burnouts I could pull. After about a minute the tyres suddenly blew apart.

I started again and did it on purpose this time. Popped a radiator hose, but with steam gushing from my engine I continued, and after eventually popping both rears the engine let go in a cloud of black smoke......COOL!

Anybody else discovered this?

The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

You must be really dedicated to finishing the race... :P

When ever i get punted off, i'll smoke em up till something blows, put it into the wall in the most horrible way or go backwards and have a head on with the jerk who punted me off... lol, i should just learn how to accept defeat...

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

did you run over that dreaded drain lid at shanghai? thats prolly what did your tyre in lol
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
eMpTy
Low, Loud & Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
You must be really dedicated to finishing the race... :P

When ever i get punted off, i'll smoke em up till something blows, put it into the wall in the most horrible way or go backwards and have a head on with the jerk who punted me off... lol, i should just learn how to accept defeat...
You play the same way I do, bugger accepting defeat!
eMpTy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

It makes it hard when all the AI drivers adopt a Rick Kelly style of driving.... :P
So many times I have been punted off at a critical time causing me to lose just enough points to have to restart championship I'm doing...

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
fastlane
In here

to true! It always seems like the opponents hit/spin you at the most critical moment. I can never accept this that is why I adopt the same ideas as you :thebirds: The only thing I don't like about this game compared to the first V8 Supercar game is that when you lose a tire, the game stops with "Terminal Damage". I would prefer to completely write off the car.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jesus haven't played that in a while. I started a race, got punted off, got sick of the AI, popped the tyres, drove around to have a head on with whatever TWR/Super Cheap car presented itself then removed the disc and haven't played it since.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

my main whinge with this game is the over-excited warning system. ive been warned for cutting the track when i never even left the road!. or you pass another car and it moves over into you and you get warned!. then balck flagged, then warned again, then disqualified.