Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #31
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

True that , And Im Quite happy to Read the Latest Joke in the DM Thread , but theres just too much JUNK in the Bar , Stupid Jokes , Lamer Ideas .. Gets a Bit Woefull ......

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #32
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the BAR was for non FORD topics and fun, not serious posts, thats what other sections are for. Whats this donating member ??????????????????????
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #33
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Information on becoming a donating member

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=52951

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #34
plext
Forum Director

Don't let this get out of hand please.

There is a line forming behind me to shut it.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #35
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
I agree Dan, all people in the bar seem to be doing lately is sooking about the way the site is run or posting up rubbish threads.
Well, I'll tell you what I don't like most about the Bar and that is the overt racism that is tolerated (if not condoned).

Yes, I understand that there is a large amount of testosterone floating around and I'm sure there was a poll some time back where most of the people (in here) vote Conservative (no, I'm not saying *all* conservatives are rascists), so if you add that mix to the age of a lot of the posters in here, it starts to get a bit ordinary.

Why haven't I brought it to the notice of a mod?
Because I figure that as it continues it must mean that its acceptable and I'm the one out of step. I've done my tilting at windmills. The Bar is what it is. (To be fair, I have seen some posters pulled up concerning rascist remarks).

It's a shame (for people like me) as FFA is a wonderful resource and has a special place for anyone wanting to find, or share info about the blue oval.

Quite often I've come very close to becoming a financially contributing member - not because of the extras you get... I don't need them - but because of the good that is done in the specific forums.
Unfortunately, I get to the bar and read something that's over the top, and I then struggle to support what I would otherwise be very happy to support.

My 2 cents...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #36
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
Well, I'll tell you what I don't like most about the Bar and that is the overt racism that is tolerated (if not condoned).

It is only tolerated because you, and others that take offense, don't bother to report the post that one has an issue with, oh wait, thats right why take responsibility for anything in the first place.

See the little triangle next to the green light under my avatar, try using that every now and then.

The rest of your post is interesting, not worthy of reply directly, except to re-read above.

But hey thats my opinion, live with it, or not : and continue to sit back and watch.

Last edited by Laminge; 27-03-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #37
ronwest

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
It is only tolerated because you, and others that take offense, don't bother to report the post that one has an issue with, oh wait, thats right why take responsibility for anything in the first place.
There's no need for you to be defensive, or insulting. I was not attacking you or other mods; I was commenting on what I don't like about the Bar.

Quote:
See the little triangle next to the green light under my avatar, try using that every now and then.
Yep, I've actually used it twice in my time at FFA. Both issues resolved to my satisfaction.

Quote:
The rest of your post is interesting, not worthy of reply directly, except to re-read above.
I'll try and make the rest of more posts more worthy of direct reply ;)

Quote:
But hey thats my opinion, live with it, or not : and continual to sit back and watch.
Your opinion noted.
I'm sure this is not the biggest production in anyone's life.

I made a comment... I wasn't asking for anything to happen. I accept whatever the majority deem as ok.
I don't have to like it, but hey, I'm old enough to have put a lot of dislikes behind me, lol.
Old 27-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #38
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Racism is not ok, nor is it condoned, but to make a statement that it is by anyone of the admins or moderators is insulting.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #39
ronwest

Quote:
Racism is not ok, nor is it condoned, but to make a statement that it is by anyone of the admins or moderators is insulting.
Agreed... and if you read my first post on the subject there was no actual or intended criticism of mods.

I 'spose a mod might read it that way but for the record it was a general comment about the Bar. No more, no less.

(I have seen you pull people up on occasion so I honestly don't think that the "Rev Heads" at the top of the FFA tree are condoning rascism.)

edit:... and the biggest question of all is why I insist on putting an "s" before the "c"?.... I can only offer up that it looks better ;)
Old 27-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #40
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

It would be sad to see "The Bar" go.... but I could totaly understand the reasons, if it did.

I've spent the weekend at Barbs watch the V8's and so thought I'd check the last three
pages from the bar to see if Minge (and others) were over reacting.

From what I saw, they're not.

Half the the threads that were shut down we all get on the e-mail merry-go-round anyway.... why post them up on here too?
(the Ice Age one is a prime eg. I've recieved that 6 or 7 times via e-mail)

The Bar could be a useful tool..... at the moment it is being abused by tools.

Admin crew - start throwing out some 48-72 hour bans.... it might set a few straight.

D :
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #41
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351

Half the the threads that were shut down we all get on the e-mail merry-go-round anyway.... why post them up on here too?
(the Ice Age one is a prime eg. I've recieved that 6 or 7 times via e-mail)

The Bar could be a useful tool..... at the moment it is being abused by tools.

Admin crew - start throwing out some 48-72 hour bans.... it might set a few straight.

D :
mmmmmmm interesting

i bought that thread to a mods attention but i wont go into that

as far as the banning goes i think it could work or if you look at it another way it might p155 off a great person that has a heap of brilliant tech input so what way do mods and admin go

i'm thinking more along the lines of a limited access i know it is able to be done a forum member that i know has been limited to one area with no access to any other parts of the forums

now i think this could be a better fix than banning people willy nilly for crud threads

another 2c worth from me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #42
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ppl please lets all settle down and take a deep breath and relax..the world is a diverse place with lots of individuals of diverse opinion.

I do not tolerate racism..however a little humour is to me acceptable.

As I have said before we are a community of Ford lovers and as such we should be tolerant, to a point, of others views and opinions..especially in the BAR.
I used to frequent the bar and pub and nowhere else and got some flak from mods and admins for some of my posts and rightly so.

I recently found the project threads and my attention is more there than the two hostilleries mentioned.

Ronwest become a DM..I did and have'nt looked back..there is more to this site than the Bar and the Pub.

Remember this if you don't want to see whats going down in the Bar and the Pub then don't go there.

To those that like the Bar and Pub I hope the team don't see fit to close them because they do serve a purpose.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Tell you all what.... we'll keep on doing what we have always done. Seems to work just fine.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #44
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I vote this tread gets closed, seems kinda pointless.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #45
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

It's served it's purpose and is beginning to get repititous now.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 08:23 AM   #46
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Remember this if you don't want to see whats going down in the Bar and the Pub then don't go there.
Exactly - If the thread is crap dont post in it and it will die, if you dont like the bar, then dont click on it.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post