Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default First time at the strip

hey guys .. last night was the first time at the 1/4 mile for the EA... and it loved it.. i started off the night with a 16.01 and finished with a personal best of 15.48... i was very happy with the way everything went... the only problem i had was after i turned the car off from doing a run and had a break.. if i went to start it again it took forever to crank and it turned really really slow... but was fine after that....

any way the only other problem was the overflow bottle spat out coolant when i got home... so ill have to check that out

all in all it was a good night

jasinex

now with fast parts added...

Stage 1: Buy car. with money.

Stage 2: Put in Wade Custom Cam, Crow Double Valve springs, High Flow Head, 3.23 LSD, 2.5" mandrell bent with Mercury muffler and custom made CAT, iridium plugs, nolothane bushes, Koni suspension, CAI.. NOW WITH MPFI....OHHH YEAHHH!!

Stage 3: More engine mods.. and a fresh new look... can't wait.. :eclipsee_ : :Reverend:

15.43 @ 89 mph - Willowbank Raceway 07/03/2007
Jasinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Good stuff mate, I cant wait to get to the strip either!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
EB4LTR

i have the exact same problem at the moment from running at the quater mile to ...but have gone from slow starting to hoping it starts .. is this common to happen on these cars after the quater run????? sorry jasinex but would love to know how to fix it .. .i keep thinking head gasket only cuase when i filled it up the other night i rejected everything and punched it straight back out it hit everything bonnet , fence , me , motor . everything on the car is great ... just everything under the bonnet isnt the best ...
95 EF FAIRMONT 4.0LTR, 2 1/2 SPORTS ZORST HIGH FLOW CAT AND EXTRACTORS. LPG, WITH FULL STERIO SYSTEM, LIMO TINT, 17 TICKFORD RIMS AND A HECK OF ALOT COMFORT, ALL THATS LEFT IS TO GIVE IT SOME MORE GO!!
EB4LTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB4LTR
i have the exact same problem at the moment from running at the quater mile to ...but have gone from slow starting to hoping it starts .. is this common to happen on these cars after the quater run????? sorry jasinex but would love to know how to fix it .. .i keep thinking head gasket only cuase when i filled it up the other night i rejected everything and punched it straight back out it hit everything bonnet , fence , me , motor . everything on the car is great ... just everything under the bonnet isnt the best ...
WHAT????
Old 08-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL...

that sounds random.. but yea i dont know what it is... it only happens after the run and i think the car isnt going to start... its weird.. but this morning went to start and it fired first click

so yea any ideas

jasinex

Stage 2: Put in Wade Custom Cam, Crow Double Valve springs, High Flow Head, 3.23 LSD, 2.5" mandrell bent with Mercury muffler and custom made CAT, iridium plugs, nolothane bushes, Koni suspension, CAI.. NOW WITH MPFI....OHHH YEAHHH!!

Stage 3: More engine mods.. and a fresh new look... can't wait.. :eclipsee_ : :Reverend:

Old 08-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Its about $40 to enter yeah???oh where abouts did you go as well?
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$36 for you , your car and 1 spectator...

i went to willowbank raceway in QLD

jasinex

Old 08-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
ebfalcon13.5
grey bumperz

Quote:
.. .i keep thinking head gasket only cuase when i filled it up the other night i rejected everything and punched it straight back out it hit everything bonnet , fence , me , motor . everything on the car is great ... just everything under the bonnet isnt the best ...
wtf man
Old 08-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Lol i'm trying to make sense of that last sentence aswell :P

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #10
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

bwhahahhahahaah.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #11
FORDNUTS90
STOCKLY MODIFIED

sounds good man i love going down willowbank u'll have to let me know when you go again i'll come along and wensdays are good to cos you get more runs cheers mate

check out my car and all my custom mods..

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=73782
FORDNUTS90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #12
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea will do.. i will try to post up with 2 weeks notice for the next time we go out... it was great

jasinex

Old 08-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #13
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Well done for getting out there and giving it a go mate ;)

You'll find it quite addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:30 PM   #14
efgiar
rofl copter

that starting problem could be the starter running low on brushes. or could be getting voltage drop on the main power cable for the starter because of the heat

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #15
Jasinex
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea it just seems like a flat battery situation... and the heat is noticible after the runs .. so i think your right

.. but its running fine now

and yes it is addictive and soo much fun

jasinex