Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Default Concerns with police and club reputations.

Howdy folks.

I just wanted to make you aware of where I stand in relation to the thread that cranners posted yesterday that has since been locked without me being able to show you my opinion, which I think should be important seeing as though in some situations I am the one responsible for VicStreetScene. Feel free to remove this thread but I feel for the sake of some of the posts I read yesterday I think there's alot to be said about the attitudes of some people.

I'll let you guys know that VicStreetScene started as a result of the demise of the Commodore Club which most of you would know was one of the largest cruise clubs in Victoria when it was in it's prime. As far as I know coming to the end of the existence of CCC, the reputation and some events tarnished any respect they would have had from the police. VicStreetScene gained a lot of its members while alot also went to other clubs or formed other clubs and so forth.

So to begin with, VSS had to make sure they wouldn't end up with a bad reputation. As a result, the people who own the club put in rules to obey at events.

In recent times, and since I have joined that club we have implemented a ruling that says we will report number plates of law offenders. We are a cruise club, not a hoon club and we will preach that. We advise everyone via our forums that we will follow this rule, so all in attendance should know.

Our second initiative as a club is to co-operate with police. This means that whenever a police car arrives at our meet points we will go up and speak to them and tell them what we are up to etc and provide them with a map for our cruise. I also provide them with my phone number in case they hear anything about VicStreetScene and for them to alert me and I will happily speak to them about any issues they have. On the VSS Cruise Friday 2 February I put myself in a position to be defected by Moorabbin TMU just so I could talk to them. Turns out, they thought we were a bunch of hoons organising a drag race. Boy did their opinion change when I showed them a map and explained what was happening?

Communication people. Cops are humans. They deserve the respect you want. They have a job to do.

You might ask why we do that? Well as I said. We are about good behaviour, we're a cruise club and not a hoon club. This means we don't want law breakers. If you choose to leave your home with a defectable car it is purely your choice. I do it, and so do at least 50% of any cruisers. If you get defected on one of our cruises or are picked on for doing something stupid, it is YOUR OWN RESPONSIBLITY AND YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT. Trying to pin it on a club is ridiculous. You wouldn't blame your work if you were defected on the way to your work in the morning, would you?

I have attended every cruise VicStreetScene have held since I moved back down to Victoria which was cruise #9. We have just completed #16. Not once have I seen a defect station at one of our cruises.

None of the administration/staff of the club have any police friends either.

I am the person who was told about E-series' reputation, and whether or not he picked a name of a club off the top of his head is beyond me. EFFalcon knows that I have every respect for him and the E-series club having own two E-series vehicles already.

Anyone who wants to bag out the club I represent feel free to PM me with your concerns.

If you do not like the way the VSS team operates, feel free NOT to cruise with us.

As a moderator of the VicStreetScene forum, when I see people saying things that is any bit derogatory about E-series Owners Club I remove it. I HATE seeing some of you bag out our club as VicStreetScene does not deserve it.

Behaviour at certain events other than our own cruises is not something to blame for an E-series reputation. Whoever it was that said it was people at Noble Park who should be blamed - just realise - alot of the cars there would also be wearing VicStreetScene stickers.

At the end of the day, one TMU copper made a remark to me about the e-series owners club. I took it as jest and didn't get offended by it because I don't think it was 100% sincere. I did not create a thread, I spoke to John about the comment and I wanted it left there.

Any further enquires, Private Message me or get me on MSN and I'm happy to discuss further.

Thanks for reading.

Nick
VicStreetScene Staff

Closed Thread