Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
gary70au

Question Selling compliance plates?

Hi guys,

Noticed recently some old falcon plates advertised for sale. Do people actually buy these? Collectors i assume?

Cheers

Gary

gary70au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

i thought it was illegal....... way to aid and abet car rebirthing!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

if you see people selling compliance plates or mod plates, report it to the police, more then likely the person selling it has stolen the car and is trying to get rid of the evidence. by law you are not allowed to remove the original compliance and mod plates from the vehicle, thats why they are placed on parts of the car that cannot be easily removed and riveted to it. i know people remove plates from thier vehicles when doing rebuilds/resprays, this is ok as long as the plates go back to thier original position and stay with the car. always check the vin/chassis number on the plates with what is stamped on the chassis, not really hard to tell if the number is original or not. from the factory they are level and straight, if the original has been removed and a new number stamped on, more often then not it will not be straight.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
gary70au

I didn't think it was exactly legal. Was surprised to see them advertised.

I have had plates in the past, from cars that were wrecked by myself, to complete other projects but they have always just been little keepsakes lol.
gary70au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Often when a GT is written off the plates come up for sale legitimately. Its just a matter of restamping the body and swapping the parts. That's why you've got to look past the compliance plate when buying one. But a good rebody is near impossible to spot.

I know someone with a stolen and recovered Ph3 that losts its plates, life sucks sometimes.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not illegal to sell plates but its illegal you use them on any other vehicle other than the vehicle it left the Ford factory with.. Rebodying is ILLEGAL.