Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
McMarcus00
BA XT Falcon

Default I think I might have bad fuel economy

I have a Fiesta LX not more than 3 weeks old and have done 180km and have already used a quater of a tank of petrol.

I brought the car from new and am convinced the fuel gauge must be broken or the car uses far more fuel than they tell you. I do a bit of highway and city driving just wondering if anyone can tell me what I should be getting per quater tank.

Thanks.

Old 21-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Give it time for the ecu to sort itself out, it gets better. I get about 570km from my Zetec which is nearly a year old. 180km from quarter of a tank = 720km from the whole tank which would be pretty bloody good.
Old 21-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

I normally get 140km per quater tank (as in 2 of the 8 bars have dissappeared). And I don't drive particularly hard, but most of it is city/suburban.

Technically, assuming that the fuel tank bars go down in equal measurements (which we know they don't normally). Then your range (Distance to Empty) should be 180*4 = 720km. This is for a full 45L of fuel. Now Divide 45L to by 7.2 to give you the L/100km and you are using 6.25L/100km.

Now I don't know the official Ford figure but thats pretty close (if not better) from memory. And yes, for a 1.6, the Fiesta GULPS the petrol. But if you bought your Fiesta to save a few bucks on fuel (what? $200/year : ) then you're still doing better than you would in a large family sedan.
Old 22-01-2007, 03:34 AM   #4
Steffo
LPG > You

180km per quarter tank of petrol in the Fiesta = 6.25litres/100km. Which is bloody awesome. In fact, outside of highway driving I'd call it impossible...

On my last fill, my Fiesta averaged 8.81L/100km.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
ATSEIF DROF

180klms for a quarter of a tank is awesome dude, what did you think you would get out of it, 1000klms (250) or something, you're in dreamland! Expect to get between 550-650klms per tank unless continually thrashed, perhaps less for an auto which would gulp more but we in here dont drive girly autos :-)
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post