Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
bertis

Default Gearbox for my turbo eb

I am a little confused on what to get for my turbo eb.. I see people on here pumping out more rwkw on standard t5's... just how nice are these people running a t5 behind a 300rwkw turbo'd falcon....spoke to a couple of people and it was a 50/50 on a t5z lasting in my car

My mate is willing to give me a tremec 5spd gearbox. we have no idea what it is or what its out of??? it has a tag with the following
wr2a 7009-aa
557-001 4498
dont think it has much else written on it.... might be out of a au or ba...
if anyone has any info on what this box is and how hard it would be to put into a e-series that would be great

Cheers
Brett

EB series 2, Vixen red with blue perl, custom body kit, lowered, sweet custom interior :hihi:, ported head chambers, T3/t4 hybrid turbo, log manifold, intercooler, vortech 12:1 rising reg, Walbro 255, thermo fans, redback exhaust, 3.45 LSD,Stage 2 BTR95le built by DTM, pioneer 680MP, 2x pioneer 450w subs, response class D 820w amp
13.10@105mph on 10-11psi

New Car
Standard FG XR6T with Cobalt gauges so far.

12.85@109mph on STD boost
bertis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

All depends on what you prefer and how much you want to spend and how much power yu car has. T5's are heaps of fun but will a basic one be able to handle the power of the EB?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
John_LS1

wr2a is an AU part number so its out of an AU (duh) would need to find out if its from a 6 or an 8 because one from an 8 wont fit the 6 without modifications...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
bertis

should be around 220-250rwkw once the wolf goes in.... just under 200 atm i'd say... unless the auto's in a bad mood..... I seen a post about a guy who had his t5 strenthened for $1800 which sounds good to me but i'd like to know what others think about this...
I have done some reading on what other turbo users have and most seem to have gone with c4's which I'm not interested in because I do so many highway k's.....
I might end up going with something like a TKO.... or i'm very interested in the t56 which doesnt seem to be as expensive as people believe.... but then I dont know whats envolved after pruchasing the box....
EB series 2, Vixen red with blue perl, custom body kit, lowered, sweet custom interior :hihi:, ported head chambers, T3/t4 hybrid turbo, log manifold, intercooler, vortech 12:1 rising reg, Walbro 255, thermo fans, redback exhaust, 3.45 LSD,Stage 2 BTR95le built by DTM, pioneer 680MP, 2x pioneer 450w subs, response class D 820w amp
13.10@105mph on 10-11psi

New Car
Standard FG XR6T with Cobalt gauges so far.

12.85@109mph on STD boost
bertis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

The tremec might be hard to fit in if it's from an AU.

Just get a strengthened T5Z from mal wool automotive in QLD for around $2200 changeover with a standard T5.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
TUFED6
Banned

Don't bother with a T5Z, they're barely any stronger. They're already on the limit in a standard BA XR6T with 240kw IMO. Hence the T56 in the BA2.

Get a BTR rebuilt with some stronger internals. Other than that, T56...
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
Rollin
Banned

All T5s FTMFL.

Don't bother with any of them, even the strongest ones will struggle at your power output.

Find out for sure what the box your mate has is, and if it's in working order.

If it won't fit straight into your car, give Mal Wood a ring and see if they sell a kit to fit it, or would take it as a trade on a TKO or something.

T56 would be great (get a whole setup from a stacked XR6T or something?), but you need to convert to hydraulic clutch, make a rear gearbox mount and custom tailshaft.

Then you have to get the speedo to work somehow...BA use a wheel speed sensor signal to run the speedometer, E series use a transducer on the back of the box...I'm not sure how to overcome that little problem yet - Ask Mal Wood if you end up giving them a ring!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

what ever y6ou go for it will end up costing $$$ malwood want nearly 8000 for a full t56 set up. not to say it isn't goos just a bit $$.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

TKO 600 conversion is only $5500 ish last time I checked.

Im lucky I scored a TR 3550 with my car for the nice sum of $4300. It was already turbo too!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #10
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

I hate you dan!!!!
damn compliance plate!!

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #11
oneredED
need more boost

I gave some help to my step-brother when he converted a VPSS (big power N/A motor) from a T5 to a T56 from a Gen III, and let me tell you, it is a pretty huge job. The pedal box modifications alone to allow for the hydraulic clutch is a nightmare. Custom tailshaft, bellhousing, starter motor, exhaust, pedal box, combined with a (decent) new clutch, the costs all add up very very quickly.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post