Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Default brakes

i have a 92 eb 4.0L auto and I need to fix my brakes due to the front rotors starting to warp. now what do people think is the best opions for an upgrade on a budget i was thinking drilled and possibley slotted on the front and the rears stock rotors unless i put drilled and slotted on the front. also is it worth getting some braided lines for the brakes

El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

id just go 300mm slotted but i dunno much about brake upgrades

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

i want to keep the same size rotors
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
xwgasaxe
under new management

^^ The standard front rotor is currently the largest diameter rotor that will fit as the brake pad mounting brackets are cast into the axle spindle, So I would grab a set of directionaly slotted rotors from either RDA or DBA and put some quality pads in there but pads like Bendix Ultimate are good for street aplications but are very dirty so either go for a Ferodo or there might be an Endless pad available.
Same for the Back.
xwgasaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

but dont 300mm fit into a 15" rim? like i said i dont know much bout brakes

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
malta123

i got slottedf rottors on mine and warped them the first night i had em and yes i did bed them in iv been told that drilled and slotted warp even worse when used on the road as they dont get a chance to cool down in stop start driving and you dont gain much with slotted rotors more of a looks thing if its a daily car i would go standard there cheap and work but slotted do look good with open wheels
malta123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

i have slotted rotor all round, some decent pads, and a xr6 brake booster. i also rebuilt my front calipers. they pull up quite nicely. but it is still a eb and it doesn't pull up like a AU11, but for the money i spent it is a huge improvment. btw ive never had a problem with warping this is a year on now.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #8
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey,

For the past 2 years i have been running DBA Drilled and slotted discs with bendix advance pads.. Was an ok combination but rotors warped very slightly after 1 year.. i had them shaved.. all was good for another year then it started warping again.. i had some problems with the rear brake pads disintegrating.. this lead to metal on metal contact.. so i replaced all the pads even though the fronts still had 6 mm and 3 of the rears still had 3mm left.. odd wear rate i thought.. any ways.. i have now gone to the Bendix CT.. CT stands for Ceramic Technology.. so low noise.. low disc wear..etc.. another great thing bought these pads is they have titanium on the surface of the pad so very little 'bedding in' is required.. I also had my fluid flushed and system bled... Now there is no warped feeling and the car stops better than ever..

Point of story is that the wrong pad and disc combo can sometimes lead to not so great brakes..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post