Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #31
Sapper
Back to the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasker1986
I have had the exact same thing happen to me and to be honest i was quiet offended when they did this but i also walked down the road (10min walk from where i was) on AFL grand final day and asked for a bretho at the cop shop, they persisted to say no and than finally giving me this reason. We can not provide you with a blood alcohol reading and on the basis that if your BAC is normal now and later on over the limit of our testing at the station you could legally proceed to take this further although it is unlikely you would win a courtcase it would raise questions onto why we didnt make you waite a further 30minutes for another test. In fairness i think its smart they didnt do it in the cop car. But when i was at the police station i had to sign a stat dec to say if i was pulled over etc i wouldnt use my previous reading against any other readings for that day. So i got my BAC reading and was wayyyy over and didnt drive in the end. But yeah its lliabillity reasons :
Agreed. I just spoke to a friend of mine who is a copper and he said that there is nothing wrong with asking for a test, just the cops don't like to do it because of the dickheads out there who try to use it against them.

Imagine a world without dickheads....
Old 29-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #32
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see both sides to this.
I think if you are going to act responsibly then you should be encouraged to do so.
Some pubs have breath testing devices but I wouldn't trust them. Maybe management at events etc could have them. The downfall is that it might encourage drinking. The best advice, as has been mentioned here a few times, is simply not to drink and, when you plan to drink, leave a huge buffer where you don't have keys.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #33
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_R
I can see both sides to this.
I think if you are going to act responsibly then you should be encouraged to do so.
Some pubs have breath testing devices but I wouldn't trust them. Maybe management at events etc could have them. The downfall is that it might encourage drinking. The best advice, as has been mentioned here a few times, is simply not to drink and, when you plan to drink, leave a huge buffer where you don't have keys.

All the pub ones are good for is "blowing a record" lol. I go as far to suggest they read under what you really are. There is no point using any device unless it is one that the police use.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #34
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
All the pub ones are good for is "blowing a record" lol. I go as far to suggest they read under what you really are. There is no point using any device unless it is one that the police use.
start a business up - breath check. Have babes driving around responding to calls for breath tests.
ooops, there goes another good idea - the whole world knows now.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #35
Bax
Projecting

Bill I'm on it as we speak, now hiring topless breast checks.

I fail to see how breatho's actually cost money, the machine itself would be a standalone cost, having a police officer out there to do it would cost money, but if they are already out and about I don't see how it would cost money.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #36
micksta

i'd pay the 4 bucks to get a test.

cops should carry a stack of stat decs or whatever in there car.

IMHO i think its partially wrong that they dont do RBT's

i think some of cops could tell the difference between a 18 yro idiot tryin to blow a record or an honest bloke wanting to know his BAC.
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #37
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the principal is that when you have your car keys in your pocket, you don't touch the drink at all. Full stop.

Whether unexpected circumstances arise or not, it is the only way of avoiding such questions and know dead-set that you are clean.

Better buy up on Root Beer for a little while.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #38
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Money doesnt grow on trees. Breathalyser tests cost money (3 or 4 bucks per test). They cant be wasting money testing people who may or may not end up driving - the scarce resources of the police should be focussed on testing people who ARE driving.

"Oh but its only 4 bucks"
Scuse my ignorance here but how does a breath test cost that much? Im not being sarcastic, just curious as to how that figure comes about.
Old 29-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #39
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i've had a bottle of sterling, a while back, at 9am, totally forgot i had it, went for a drive nearly an hour later .. whoops lucky i didn't get caught :(
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #40
Reign
Argg..

they do it hear in wa, well when've asked
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #41
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
i've had a bottle of sterling, a while back, at 9am, totally forgot i had it, went for a drive nearly an hour later .. whoops lucky i didn't get caught :(
Still recall when I was on my Ls, I went for a Cascade down at the pub, then drove the old man to the petrol station for a top up.
That was about 15 minutes after I'd had my drink.

But yeah...that opened my eyes. We all make mistakes, but if the keys are in the pocket, I don't touch a bottle.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post