Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
falconlover
Bathurst 2007, Ford 1-2-3

Default Modeo might be coming to australia.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=21266&vf=2

Good information about whats happening with some of fords models. :

falconlover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:02 PM   #2
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

They bloody should, like it states H*lden has the Vectra what do we have? I know the first model to be sold here was pretty boring except for the 220. But this new one and even the last model were pretty good looking and nice especialy the turbo diesel versions. Which Ford has still to get its head around. The Ford versions of the latest diesels are good and can be had in everything from a Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo. All they have to do is import it as the are all sold in the UK.

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

good news,car looks great, hope it doesnt fail here like before.
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

i think the mondeo is a great looking bus, and ford should pull their finger out and import them, but i still chuckle at how a car that has a longer wheelbase than the falcon can somehow be considered as a medium size car.
Old 30-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the Mondeo is quite a nice car. I'm not a fan of the back, but the rest is nice.

Festiva, Focus and Mondeo. A threesome I'll be part of...well, maybe not the Festiva. Not big enough for me.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
falconlover

Its not festiva lol its fiesta! HEHEHE
Old 30-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #7
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconlover
Its not festiva lol its fiesta! HEHEHE
Bah, it's still a flying coffin to me. But it comes with a stereo and four wheels.
I know what I want to be buried in.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
falconlover

ok.
Old 30-10-2006, 11:41 PM   #9
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice car am a big fan, the euro fords are bloody good quality cars however, what affect will it have on base model falcon sales though?
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #10
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I think it would certainly give the base Falcons a run for their money. But then, people who are wanting to buy a Mondeo probably don't like the size of a Falcon anyway.

I'd buy one. In fact, if it were around when I bought my Focus, I probably would have gone Mondeo.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #11
RATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan

I'd buy one. In fact, if it were around when I bought my Focus, I probably would have gone Mondeo.
That's the hope I guess. If someone wants to upsize from a Focus sized vehicle, rather than go Accord Euro or Mazda 6, the Mondeo will be a viable choice. I hope it comes in a Diesel as well.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
Falcon Freak
Banned

Fiesta, Focus & Mondeo. Could it be a return to the glory days for Ford when Laser, Meteor and Telstar had the small and medium sized car market by the short and curlies?

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #13
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I think it's a great idea, I just hope that Ford get into this class in good form and before Holden get there with something like the rumours of what GM are doing with the Torana concept
Old 31-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #14
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I love the idea. With the increasing fuel price the mondeo will give people with a large family a real option other than the falcon in the Ford range. The mondeo isn't that much smaller than the Falcon but comes with much more fuel efficient engines.

The engines range include 1.8L (93kw and 96kw), 2L (107kw), 2.5L (125kw), 3L (148kw) and a sports engine pumping out (163kw). So it certainly does have alot to offer. Fuel economy (Combined cycle) ranges from low to mid 7's for the 1.8 and 2L to 10.3 for the 163KW V6. So a nice saving over the larger cars.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #15
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

If it is priced right, it has the potential to do very well. However, more than anything, Ford need to sack their entire marketing department and employ some people with imagination. If it is marketed well, then it stands a chance. If the current bunch of muppets are in charge of marketing it, then it is dead before it even starts.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 12:27 AM   #16
rodderz

I think you'll find it'll be out next year, with some great engines

But yes, it has to be marketed properly. Gotta spend money to make money

Look at the ads the Captiva is getting atm...it's a Korean thing but marketed as though it's the best thing on the market
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #17
plee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
That's the hope I guess. If someone wants to upsize from a Focus sized vehicle, rather than go Accord Euro or Mazda 6, the Mondeo will be a viable choice. I hope it comes in a Diesel as well.
I'd have done the same, something a bit smaller and cheaper to run than the XR6, but still with a good sized boot.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
I love the idea. With the increasing fuel price the mondeo will give people with a large family a real option other than the falcon in the Ford range. The mondeo isn't that much smaller than the Falcon but comes with much more fuel efficient engines.

The engines range include 1.8L (93kw and 96kw), 2L (107kw), 2.5L (125kw), 3L (148kw) and a sports engine pumping out (163kw). So it certainly does have alot to offer. Fuel economy (Combined cycle) ranges from low to mid 7's for the 1.8 and 2L to 10.3 for the 163KW V6. So a nice saving over the larger cars.
I thought the new Mondeo was 4 cylinder engines only with a 2.5 turbo the range topper. Better off for Ford Oz with 4 cylinders only as it makes it a natural competitor to Camry rather than a 6 cylinder model competing with Falcon. Price is probably the critical point though, as the Vectra was nearly the same price as Commodore. Sourcing from Europe means a high price, most likely a few grand less than an XT.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #19
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the modeo is a piece or crap!

why would you want that over here?
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #20
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Excuse your ignorance, but what exactly is crap about it?

I'm tipping it's got a lot of DNA styling cues that will be seen in the 2008 Falcon.

I'm all for it, but not sure why they are worried about Falcon sales being eaten, it would be better for Mondeo to steal sales than Vectra.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #21
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How can something be called crap that hasn't even been released yet...
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #22
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhgill

From what I have read in these forums I could easily form the opinion that late model Falcons are 'crap' from all the drivetrain problems discussed. Heck, that Mondeo looks almost as sharp as my SP23 and much better than the current Focus. I hope they put the bonnet release on the drivers side for this one. I think you can be sure the blinker arm will still be on the left though.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #23
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

The Vectra is no longer, Holden is bringing in the Epoca, which is made by you no who Daewoo and is Vectra sized. But Holden the losers are going to make it only available in 2.5L V6, Big mistake mid sized and still no 4
Old 06-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #24
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I thought the new Mondeo was 4 cylinder engines only with a 2.5 turbo the range topper. Better off for Ford Oz with 4 cylinders only as it makes it a natural competitor to Camry rather than a 6 cylinder model competing with Falcon. Price is probably the critical point though, as the Vectra was nearly the same price as Commodore. Sourcing from Europe means a high price, most likely a few grand less than an XT.
Thats correct regarding the four's, the 5cyl turbo is the same from the Focus XR5/ST and there is even talk of using Volvo's new 3.2L inline six. The current Mondeo that we get here in NZ has 107Kw 2L 4cyl, 125Kw 2.5L V6, and 166Kw 3.0L V6 engine options.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 12:19 PM   #25
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhgill

The Modeo maybe, but not the Mondeo.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post