Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #11
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

One things that everyone needs to remember, Stock from the factory 1300kg, With that much power off the mark and 14" 185 i think was the tyre then is pretty hairy stuff. When you drive one in the wet you learn to know the car, I had 5 in myn going to the footy took a wide corner a little to Sharpe with the steering @ about 40. in dry it's a 60 corner if confidant, And the rear slipped out by about 25-30cm. I got remoulds that don't help but 215. In the dry they are glue in the wet very hard useless tyre.
But I'll be out soon to fix most of that new tyres and suspension work coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb5speed
bah ill still say that i have never been worried when going up againt a vn-vp
Maybe they didn't know you were dragging them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes_meat
My stock as a rock VS auto definately feels dead in first gear. Especially compared to the VN/VP's. It definately accelerates quicker once it's going, bit it just doesn't get off the line properly. I wonder if a manual conversion would do the trick?

It feels like it doesn't start making any real power until higher in the rev-range in second gear. Between 3500rpm and redline it really is quite quick.

Still does 0-100kmph slightly faster than the figures say it should.

The other strange thing about my auto box, is it will not upshift if the wheels are spinning - and I've had a few other people tell me the same thing about their VS's. May have something to do with Holdens desire to reduce wheelspin.
To fix that you could try a V8 throttle body and maybe a 2500rpm stall converter, Might be cheaper then a conversion.
One thing i remember about my time with a VS was on the open road is was very quick. My mate has a VSII Auto Ute on gas and it doesn't have the same problems as the sedans do it's very fast off the mark no delays in power at all, He has spun it 4 times in the wet and he drives like a snail. which is strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Yeah my VL manual feels like that.

Well not exactly dead, just not that quick in first, but once I go into 2nd, it really wakes up.

Thats what everyone has said, that has driven it.
My nephew fixed that in my sisters VL Calais. Spent about $2000 on LSD3.9 they did something to the tranny for faster shifts and a engine tune which gave it 145kw. It would light the rears up with ease which is probably why he crashed it :