Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2023, 05:35 PM   #23
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I'm A Car Enthusiast That is Starting to Hate Cars. Here's Why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Because the minute you tell this mob something they dont want to hear you get put back to the bottom of the pile doing **** work in **** coaches, its the most petulant employer and industry as a whole I've worked in.

I gave them 1 weeks notice 4 weeks ago siting burnout as the reason and said i needed to get away before my frustrations spilled over, they hassled me to stay so by the Thursday I caved in. Spent a week away in Victor Harbor with a school group, took a week off and went back to a week up near Maree with another school group, came back feeling refreshed. Got back to the day to day grind last week and was back doing 12hr shifts by day 2 and 3, bus break downs, copped road rage, by Friday morning I was over it again.
I get why they load me up, in the 12 months I was with them im about the only driver to not put a mark on a coach and as the owner is image concious that compliments him to a T. He actually told me they love me because they can throw anything at me and it gets done right without the constant whinging and issues they get from the others, but everone has their braking point and being that reliable guy has been a rod for my back.

Problem is, the mob I was working for have been buying up all the small operators, keeping the workload whilst selling off the assetts meaning we're covering the work of 6 former operators with only our fleet,. Theres not enough turn around time to do shorter shifts or half days, the coach rolls out at between 6 and 7am for school runs, does charter work all day and expected back for arvo school runs followed by after school sport transfers and we haven't even hit peak yet when summer sports, private charters, cruise season, weddings and wine tours ramp up.

The only upside to what this company has been doing is poaching drivers from other operators as for every driver he gets free's up a seat for me elsewhere.

They we're good to work for, dont get me wrong, but too fast paced and high pressure for what I want in life right now.
Sounds very familiar.
Don’t know your age.but at sixty you can legally reduce your hours via ‘ transition to retirement’

Is there no govco big biz metro fleet near you where you could try the four day thing.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post