Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2022, 12:39 PM   #9
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Gen Ranger Single Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Ford, like many other car companies have been reducing the amount of variants and induvial options to reduce complexity on the line and the amount of inventory required, both during manufacture and in the spare parts arena. I would also imagine Ford would need to engineer a separate DSC calibration for a V6 single cab, development money they would struggle to justify.

I would absolutely pay a premium to get the exact spec I wanted.

In my earlier posts, I complained about the price of the spec Ford actually do offer. That price grates on me when it ends up not being exactly what I want. I would happily pay that $55,000 for custom order.

At the end of the day, Ford are following the path to volume sales, I get that. But if they don't try, go out on a limb, then how will they know?
Its not a bad idea, could even call it "Ranger Custom" which would fit with the Transit Custom (by name at least). With the right terms and conditions (ie. buyer knowing these would be longer waits, larger penalties for pulling out of the order).

Theoretically do it like this:

Body: Single, Extra, Dual
Exterior Level: XL, XLT, Wildtrack
Interior Level: XL, XLT, Wildtrack
Drivetrain: 2.0 Single Turbo, 2.0 Bi-Turbo, V6D
Colour: All Ranger Colours available

Being able to order any combination of this, under the Ranger Custom sub brand would be a great option.

A V6D Extra Cab, with Wildtrak Exterior and XLT Interior in Sedona Orange would be a no brainer for me...

Obviously a hell of alot of work for Ford to bother but cool to think about IMHO

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: