Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #19
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: "Peak Value" for classic cars

The bloke who had the 240z, bought it as a rolling chassis. So no motor or box. The thing had some rust repairs that were in primer so needed paint. The rb26 he spent to modify it to suit a rwd rb25 sump and had a rwd skyline gearbox in it. He had that pretty much ready for engineering, you dont need a paintjob for engineering. But then he changed tact as apparently 'everyone' does that. He never told me what he actually spent (i think he was self conscious about that) but did brag about selling the rwd converted rb26 for a profit. So with the 1uz mocked up he sold the 240z as an unfinished project, again at a profit. Something to do with his engineer said it is doable but extremely borderline, so one hair over the line and no mod plate. So he used the money from that sale to also get a loan and buy a new weekender that had a mod plate and rego. A ve2 ss ute converted to the supercharged 6.2L from a vf gts.
And this bloke is i think the only v8 commodore owner ever to swap the exhaust because it was too loud.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: