Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-08-2021, 07:04 PM   #11
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Not talking myself into anything, just stating facts.

Its a fact that we have done very well when looking at comparable economies. NZ is not comparable. NZ is more disconnected from the rest of the world, is much smaller, less densely populated than Sydney or Melbourne, and has less requirement to remain connected. When you compare South Australia and Western Australia, you see a similar result to NZ. Just a fact, you don't need to get defensive, NZ has done very well (aside from vaccination, which is even worse than what Australia achieved - we do not hear much about your leaders failure with this over here??) within their position.

You cant run international cities with 5 million residents like a country with 5 million.

And if you think Gladys is getting off lightly, well I am not sure what you have been watching. She has been hammered for being too slow this time, and the way it panned out, deservedly so. As a leader, you are judged on results, not actions. But it served her well with the previous wave. Again, just facts.
Both countries have done well ..so we should were way to hell down the bottom , nz cities are just as densely populated its just smaller dont see what thats about unless you live in Japan ask Fiji being smalls really helping them
my point was if youre going to do a lockdown do it properly or dont do it at all .... we just get news snippets of whats happening over there probably like you do of here so i probably wrongly base my views of how much s##T Gladys is getting on what i view on here and it seams Dan copped a lot more , saying Sydneys problem is because its so populated and connected compared to south and Western Australia is rubbish the reason Perth ,Brisbane have done well is because theyve pounced on any outbreak before its got out of hand , Gladys hasnt now your paying the price

We're not vaccinated enough and the Governments copping a bit of flack over it ....they did a deal with Pfizer for their vaccs exclusively which seamed like we were getting the best , it hasnt worked out and it sounds like if you paid a huge fee you could get the vaccinations early (good one Pfizer) , you guys are similar low vacc rates which the way i see it the only options you have is lockdowns .....so Gladys doesnt like lockdowns puts a few loose controls inplace until the spread gets out of hand then trys to lock down then that doesnt work so we,ll vaccinate everyone which is the only option you've got left?

Yes youve done well but it will be interesting to see come xmas what its like .....think the other states are going to become more and more twitchy about NSW

Having said that if we cant control the mess we're in at the moment we may end up the same

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post: