Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #1
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default F350 H/Davidson with 1/5th fire damage sold today at Manheim Perth for $10.5k

A nice repairable project F350 year 2005 sold at Manheim Perth for $10.5k today. It wasn't on VOWR since its GWM is above the limit, and it had fire damaged engine bay and dash, mostly on the passenger side.

I was trying to get it for a reasonable amount, (my limit was perhaps half of what it sold for). It would need replacing ALL rubber and plastic in the engine bay. Engine would be repairable with a new seal kit and new external components, new coolers, new wiring, new radiators etc.

Biggest challenge would probably be to get the burnt smell out of the interior after replacing the headlining and dash. It would need new bonnet, new windscreen, new radiators, new HVAC, new wiring harnesses, new modules etc.

I would have loved to build 'toughest in town' out of this with a 4-link lift kit on it, upgrade to 2016-front appearance, and some large wheels.

I recon it would have been roughly a $45k vehicle if it wasn't burnt. It looked in good condition prior to the fire. Mileage wasn't visible.
It would probably take some hundred hours to fix it, and maybe $10k in second hand parts.

Anyway, it didn't go my way. I wonder if someone is rebuilding it, or if it was bought by a wrecker for dismantling?

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post