Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2016, 10:55 PM   #15
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: This is Nucking Futs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
you said it.

Pretty much every american V8 is crap power wise. Considering the Europeans squeeze more out of 4.something litre V8 to the 6something litre engine.

Look at the Dodge Viper. (A V10, I know) 8.4L of it and "Only" 640hp. The BMW M3 E90-93 models were putting out 410hp. From a 4L V8.

64 HP per litre for the Viper. (76HP if it was an 8)

VS

102 HP per litre For the M3.

Maybe an uneven match there. But the same figures can be broadly used across the board for almost every V8 produced in a road car.

I love the off-beat pig-iron strum of an american 8. Its brilliant, but the note of a higher revving euro 8 is something else....

They need to get their act together the americans......
Yes what you have mentioned is true but it was just under 25 years ago that the V10 motor of the Dodge Viper was making about 650NM of torque, something that the little BMW V8 could only dream of and would never be able to make with all the possible current technology thrown at it. It's not exactly comparing apples with apples when you compare the high strung Euro motors since each motor is basically of a different design. There is no right or wrong between the two but I definitely know what I would rather. Enough torque to drag that brick wall along as much as possible
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post