Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Beware Mario's Trailers

I recently (16 month sago) purchased a brand new top of the range galvanised tandem Car Trailer from Mario's Trailers.

To date it has travelled around 3000-4000km in that time, I used it about two weeks ago and a wheel bearing failed with the wheel coming off at 100km/hr as I was cruising along.

To cut a long story short I eventually got the trailer home at great expense (was around 150km from home). I did not think too much off it till a few days later I checked the other bearings and all were about to do the same, all bearings were no name brand made in China. It also damaged the stub axles requiring a new axle.

I contacted Mario's trailers and asked for the axle to be replaced due to their use of inferior parts and was told that it was my fault for not maintaining the trailer, and that there was nothing wrong with their bearings. After some discussion they refused to acknowledge any wrong doing. I ended up replacing the axle, all trailer hubs and all bearings with quality items all at my expense.

To say I am not happy is an understatement, if they had told me they were going to use rubbish bearings i would have payed the extra for decent quality bearings, they are putting life's at risk doing this, it's only a matter of luck no one got hurt or killed and that there was minimal property damage.

Just something to keep in mind when buying a new trailer. Personally I would avoid these people like the plague.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 26-11-2015 at 04:19 PM.
4 users like this post: