Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
valiant81
Starter Motor

Default AU - Dead ?????

Hi Every one;
Just a quick one, and I think I know what the answer would be, but i just thought I would run it past the brain trust !!

Ok here goes......

I have a 1999 Ford AU ford fort that now only has 50,000Kms and is in real good order for it's age. Any way I've never had a problem with the car not wanting to start. I've only do a couple of Km's per day and a bit more on the week ends.
Yesterday afternoon I went to go out and tryed to open the drivers door with the remote ( never had a problem before ) and nothing, no responce from the drivers door, the little red light on the remote was nice and bright when one of the buttons is pressed, tryed several times and no go !! ended up opening the door with the key and tryed to start the car.

All the dash lights came on, but no responce from the car at all when I tryed to start the car , but i hid have lights , the horn workrd and the radio spang into life. I even tryed moving the gear lever through it range to see if I had a faulty inhibit switch. Still no good aand ended up phoneing the RACV for help ( I could have taked the 4x4 to go out, but didn't ).

After phoneing the RACV I then whent out and tryed once more, this time the remote control worked and i was able to start the car. Later last night when i went to go home, ( 10pm ) I also had no further trouble starting the car.

Me thinks I have a battery that may need a bit of a charge ( remember I only travel about 3 Kms per day ) and the battery may down a bit and causing all types of problems with the electrics in the car. I will put the battery on charge and see how i go, and a bit of a drive wouldn't help ether.

So over to the brain trust ...... and thanks

Last edited by valiant81; 20-06-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
valiant81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post