Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tomato sauce with pie

Was driving through Tamworth a while back in a convoy of cars heading south after a christening in Toowoomba. We were discussing lunch over the radios and agreed we'd duck into town and have lunch...........support locals instead of doing the usual big M thing we thought.

Decided on pies so went to a local bakery.
4 drinks were $16.00 and the little old style sachet sauces were 90 cents each

When she told me the bill I said. 'Is that right'. She went through the bill in her best English holding the calculator up and pressing away at the same time. When she got to the sauces I said 'how much'.....'90 CENT, 90 CENT EACH!' she yells.

I can handle payin more for the drinks etc but when she yelled the sauce price at me I thought '**** this'...........'back to maccas kids' and walked off.

Am I gettin old or is 90 cents for the old sauce a bit rich.

It was more so the principle too. We head off the main road to support locals and this bakery wants to rip us off. I suppose the local big m has local workers so we did the right thing anyway

chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post