Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default 2014 Ford Focus update

]

I

Quote:
After looking at the leaked press photos of the Ford Focus facelift, we’ve been left feeling a little bit disappointing. It’s not a bad car, but also not spectacular to look at either. It’s almost as if they only wanted to make a littler version of the upcoming Mondeo, not an amazing compact all on its own.

To wash the vanilla taste in our mouth, we decided to check out what Auto Express had to say yesterday (21 Feb), before the photos came out. According to them, and you can take this with a grain of salt, no new engines will be available at launch. Instead, the 1.5-liter EcoBoost and 1.5-liter diesel three-bangers will be added later on. If they’re not making this up, then we’re likely to see the new engines at the same time as the new Mondeo’s launch, which I believe is late this year. That’s because the 1.5 EcoBoost is a brand new engine from Ford, which was launched in America on the Escape sedan, the identical twin to the Mondeo.

Also according to AutoExpress, Ford is going to offer a plug-in version of the Focus, based on the technology developed Stateside for the plug-in C-Max. It’s really a waiting game now, as Ford might make all this info official in Geneva, where the car is going to be revealed next month.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fo...-in-77404.html

I do like the look of the new interior, more refined than the current one but I can't say the same for the exterior, looks a little drab in with that grille.
Much prefer the front of the current Focus.