Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
>$3<
Starter Motor

Default Mp3 player Installation

Hi, my first post here...
i joint this forum just today after i bought a Mp3 player for my dads 1999Forte as a gift for his birthday and had my hopes crushed when i was tryin to install it. Well i spent about 1 hr reading the manual of the actuall mp3 player then spen about 4 hours in the car tryin to get the tape player/ dash board off, and then i searched this forum for a few more hours trying to find some sort of a step by step instructions but were unsuccsesfull, then i read some of the actaull ford manual for a while and nothin there either. Any way the closest thing ive found to helping me was this image that i found in one of the posts in this site.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v697/k...urrent=s42.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/v697/k...urrent=s41.jpg
any way... so anyhelp would be great n im in a hurry since dads birthday is in a few days.
my main question is how do i get the old tape player out... i was startin to think that i had to rip off the complete dashboard to get it out but after seing that pic i realised its only the oval section in the middle... ive unscrewed the 2 screws that wer behind the ash tray. i cant see any more screws, wats next!?
ive looked behind the place wer the clocks is in some of the models n ive looked behind the panel that has the back window heater etc..

tnx...
The head unit is a boss bamp3500 bought for just 130 from straghtfield used to be 330.

>$3< is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post