Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
FRD888XR8

Default I feel like a noob againg .... !

Hey all,

haven't been posting on here for some time.

Joined the forum a wile back when I got my BA XR8 as to part of the community / cult .

But also I am a bike customiser / enthusiast so the past 3 yeas, I have been extremely busy with work and every spare time I had I was trying to balance between time with the missus , modding / painting & riding my bike and the odd house improvements work that never end.

as far as the bike goes I think I have reached my limits. not everyone may like it, but pleases me, it is ALL my work and have done every single bit on that bike, as far a modding it and it gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

here is how she looks now and with tears in my eyes I am letting it go as I feel it is time to start my long awaited super motard build

ImageShack.us

On the down side, back to my XR8, I feel I ( as in my mechanic) have only done the maintenance required with no mods or upgrades, and 50k extra k's since I got it , what the hell of a reliable car, just keeps on going.

Mind you, it hand plenty of upgrades when I got it, cold air intake, K&N filters, extractors, twin 2.5 inch pipes, so it goes pretty good

thought about trading it a couple of times but ups and down on cash-flow kept me grounded like a plane on heavy fog ... but now I am thinking on keeping it a little longer.

Only issue I have, is the damn alloys are buckled to ****, so I am riding on the Terri's steels rims, I know shame on me, but they are true, round and strong as hell and by the photos above, you can tell where all my money was going ;-)
but every now and ageing I find myself shopping for rims, and IMO, no rims will look better than the stock ones, 17's .... I am serious , no offence if you think otherwise.

Now the question is, would you repair yours or would you rather buy a good second hand one ?

also looking a tackling the diff bushes as they have started knocking so IRS needs to come out and may look at all the bushes that may require replacing.
anyone done it before ? any tips and suggestions, as I am down there what else should I look for ?

thanks for now and sorry for writing a bible on here.

cheers

FRD888XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: