Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph-51
Jan 5th this year there was a company called miningjobsonline.com.au going around all the local shopping malls here in Brisbane doing intakes of people.
I approached them as I am keen as beens to get in on the mining sector, but have no quals so didnt know how to go about it.
I spoke this recruiter, and this is what he told me :
We have such a shortage of people in all fields including greenies (newbies) that we are forced out to malls like this to recruit more people.
What we are finding is that we are taking on a lot of newbies and spending $1000's on them training them up only to find after 3 odd months or so, they dont like it, or they miss their Mum.
So our new approach is this: You pay $250 to us, this shows and proves to us and your new perspective employer that you are committed to doing this type of work. If you gain employment, then after 3 months we will refund you your $250, if after 12 months you are still with the same company we will pay you an extra$750, so thats a $1000 bonus all up!
He then went on to say we dont guarantee you a job, but I will get you an interview, its up to you to pass your interview and medical.
Your $250 you pay also gives you a premium listing of your profile on our website for employers to see. You put in keywords of who you are, and what your offering, and when an employer comes to our website looking for employees, all they have to do is type in keywords of what they are looking for, so instead of getting 1000's of cv's to look through, they only get a dozen or so relating directly to the keywords you have provided and the keywords they have selected.
He reiterated many times over that greenies were high on employers lists at the moment and that he wouldnt expect the wait to be too long as most companies do their hiring during January and Febuary due to workers not returning to their jobs after their Christmas break.

Based on that I handed over $250 left some details and the next day established my profile on their website.

Oh he also said if I hadn't heard anything within 5 - 6 weeks, then to call him so he could escalate my profile and make some calls.
We are almost at the end of March now, have made several calls to his phone (always goes to message bank) have emailed the head office asking when I can expect an interview, only to be told they cant guarantee interviews, and that maybe I should change my keywords on my profile to get more interest from employers.
They are a legit company, but they mis led me into thinking that with in 5 - 6 weeks I'd be getting interviews, even just 1!!! lol, Not a thing!
I have had 3 emails from the company to tell me how they are making changes to their website and so forth. I starting to think that I and 1000's of others have just been there to fund their website.
I'm very deflated over the whole thing, and would like my $250 back, I haven't asked yet, but do you think I'm entitled to my $250 back?? They have not done anything for me specifically besides put a profile of me up on their website
Maaaaaaaaaaate some pages back I went through the same thing, except I didnt hand over cash. I tried to get a face to face interview with them, call them etc and nothing. Dodgy ****** they are.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post