Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #37
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Nsw Car Hoon Laws . Grandma Policing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
I guess that's my point. I agree what I would do is probably not rational. But if someone would engage in a pursuit for the dumb reasons they do, say cause they don't know if they've had 4 or 6 beers, rather than biting the bullet and going "I've f*$%ed up and am going to the watchhouse", why would you think when there actually is something substantial at stake they would not run. If I am speeding except in very rare circumstances I would accept I have done the wrong thing and cop a reasonable penalty that is in proportion to the offence. Hell even if it is outlandish I would just get on with life, but what we are talking about enters the realms of ridiculous. In the case of my car, a $70,000 fine for the second offence in 5 years. This is not a rational situation and I would therefore not react in a rational way. I don't think I am alone.

I have at no point said I condone speeding. I would rather not waste time on a one legged **** kicking contest like that.

Bad legislation results in bad outcomes. You should think for yourself a little instead of quoting the materials produced by the state.

as yes.. the old "its the laws fault" excuse.....

The law made me run away, after i broke one law, I figured I may as well just keep going and keep breaking a few more.

I shot one person, may as well shoot an other.... it was the laws fault.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....