Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Fords 'R' Cool
You can call me Dave.

Default Attempted HOME INVASION for my FPV F6.

Well I had a bit of excitement last night that I could have done without.

Last night at about 12:00am I was just about ready to head off to bed, when I noticed the backyard's security sensor light come on.
I headed out onto the rear porch to investigate when I spotted two masked men armed with a shovel and a lenght of timber heading straight for the back entrance onto the porch.

Barefoot and completely unarmed, I reversed my direction back into the main part of the house and locked the door behind me so I could have time call the police.
For the next five mintues I propped myself up against the door to brace it because both the criminals were doing their absolute best to break it in and gain access.
(The emergency operator was busy asking me all these dumb questions while these two ******* tried to bash the door down with me leaning up against the door bracing it.)

My wife raced out of the bedroom to see what all the noise was about and to gather up our two small children.
They managed to kick-in the outer door skin at the bottom but when the mongrels realised the back door just wasn't going to give way with me bracing it, they left the porch and raced around to the front of my house.

Next thing I hear the front windows being smashed in, so I raced into that room armed with a kitchen carving knife and forced them to rethink jumping through the window with me on the otherside armed with a big knife.
They tried to get in for about another thirty seconds before giving up and they then smashed the front and rear windshield on my car before fleeing into the darkness.
It took the police a few minutes after that before they arrived.

At the time, I had no idea who or why my home was targeted but the police explained that what they were probably after was the keys to my car.
I drive a FPV F6 310 which as you all know is a high performance vehicle that can actually outrun most police cars here in Perth and that's what they wanted it for. - A get-away car.
They had smashed my car's windshields just out of spite because I prevented them from taking it but they didn't touch my wife's car at all.

But when they jumped back over the fence to go aound to the front, one of them must have accidentally dropped his used syringe next to my wife's car, which the police later bagged up as evidence.
First thing this morning the Forensic Unit showed up and collected further evidence which surprised me but I learned that these same two criminals had four hours previosly succeeded in forcing entry into someone elses home.
(Apparently the victims were violently assaulted and then tied up so those mongrels could make their escape.)

I never realised at the time they wanted my car keys, all I knew was two masked men armed with makeshift weapons were trying to get inside and there was no way on earth I was letting these two into my home without a fight while my wife and kids were in there.

Still besides the property damage which is covered by insurance, they didn't get the car or manage to hurt anyone (Except for one of my dogs - But he's okay now.) and all they really got out of it is a lot more attention from the police and their resources to track them down.
(They now the priority of several different detective units that are all out looking for them.)