Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #16
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford executives comment on the future of Falcon and Territory

It's looking like EcoLPI will replace most of the lost LPG sales volume
and Ecoboost may well replace lost volume due to exit of stationwagon.

In my opinion, 2012 Falcon and Ute sales figures may well be back to 2010 sales numbers
while Territory will be significantly better than that time, so I'm sensing 2012 as an up year.....

Scenario 1:
On another note, if FoA decides another RWD Falcon/Territory is better suited to our large car and SUV market,
they could keep developing both vehicles and share Mustang power trains and electrical systems.
The upside to doing that is if we get to say, two years out and local manufacturing is not viable,
then the Falcon and Territory lines could be very effectively switched to a US plant with Mustang.
I could see the Americans giving that a very big tick as it adds production to their plants
and finally gives them cost effective access to our RWD vehicles, if they choose to use them.

Scenario 2:
The other alternative is to pick an EUCD pairing like Mondeo and next Edge for local manufacturing
while importing Taurus for big car sales and Mustang for performance orientated sales but you know
I have a feeling that FoA could mount a compelling case to do Mondeo, Taurus and Edge on EUCD/CD4
and become RHD regional supplier to FAPA for these larger vehicles. If local manufacturing does become
untenable, production plans could be switched to to existing plants in Thailand as added volume ...

I sense that these are the two scenarios facing Ford Australia,
what do you guys think?

Last edited by jpd80; 12-01-2012 at 08:18 AM.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post