Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
CYC06T

Default Re: TRP Racing Ford Falcon XR6T runs 9.1@159mph, update 8.48@165mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIK1
It will be interesting to see how these engines go with a few more revs (9000), a better ability to breath and 50 plus psi, I think we can expect to see that 7's aren't that far away with reasonable reliability. Money wise it's probably out of the normal persons grasp but it should be possible.

Phil did trp have to change much in the bay to fit the 47 and have they turned it up yet to see how it goes on the rollers?
Sure will. I have a feeling it will take a workshop car to really push these engines and car setups to an extreme level. I guess the question always will be whether you do it in such a heavy car, or if you go straight to a tube chassis car and go for really impressive ETs. Heavy cars just put so much more stress on all other components.

We didnt change anything to fit the 47 in. It fit when all of the original factory gear was still there ie. the power steering reservoir and the radiator overflow tank. All we had to do wa put a bit of thought into the manifold design to make sure the wastegate was reasonably accessible and that we could shut the bonnet.

Honestly we havent turned it up on the rollers. We couldnt get it to stop spinning the tyres at 36-38psi, so we never fed a heap more boost into it to see what was going to happen. We really wanted to get the car out there and just see what times it could pull. Obviously its working reasonably well so far,and Im sure it did surprise the boys that it went under 8.50 pretty easily, so we know we are atleast heading in the right direction. The plan was always for me to get behind the wheel, and we all knew that it would take a few meets to get up to speed, so there hasnt been a need to revisit the dyno yet. I would probably want to invest in a billet crank to feel comfortable in really turning up the wick.

If I were able to go better than the 8.48 in the next few meets, depending on how much better we run, I would have a think about where to next. I would probably look at stripping more weight out before just pumping more boost in. Maybe I'll just say F@ck it and do both....he he he