Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: do you carry first aid kit or fiire extinguisher in all your cars
no 43 23.12%
yes, first aid kit only 86 46.24%
yes, fire extinguisher only 7 3.76%
yes, both 50 26.88%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Question who carries a first aid kit ??

today i had a reminder of why everyone should carry a simple first aid kit in their car.

i came across a situation where a driver had left the road, colided with a tree and gone over a steep embankment after hitting some loose gravel on a bend. when i got there the driver had gotten out of her car and 3 other cars had stopped. (several cars had gone passed without even slowing down ).

not knowing what had happened other then seeing the girl on the side of the road with bloodied legs and a tree blocking part of the lane, i pulled over and grabbed my first aid kit just incase. lukily the young lady was the only one in the car and was kind of ok except for a very nasty deep gash in the back of her leg above the knee.

we get first aid training at work but its a bit confronting when you actually need to use that training. but i was able to use the first aid kit to bandage her leg while we waited for an ambulance (whitch had to come about 80km).

the thing is that although everyone that had pulled over to help had done first aid training (interesting in itself ) i was the only one who had any kind of a first aid kit to use. its something that i have always done since i started driving was to have a firstaid kit and a fire extingisher stashed away in the car somewhere just incase. you never know when you might need them and they both have been used a few times.

it costs bugger all to carry a simple kit and even if you dont know how to use it, there will probably be someone around who does and just having it could be all you need to save a live.

so who has a first aid kit and or fire extinguisher in their car.???

`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post