Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #36
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: So your the CEO: what would you change with Falcon?

For me I think the Falcon sadly is becoming more obsolete with the rise of SUV's and even to a smaller extent dual cab pickups that are becoming more and more like multi task vehicles when you look at the upper ends of the range.

The Mondeo represents a problem in that it basically does everything the falcon does and better in most cases.

Also the Falcon needs more volume, even at figures the commy sells Im sure the case gets harder and harder each evolution to justify its existence; One Ford will do no favours for that.

So, in saying that all is not lost. What the falcon does deliver on is performance through RWD. For me it would be a two pronged approach. Have a luxury line, two spec models, and a performance line, with two spec models. Or even just two different styles and you option what pack you want.

So the Luxury car would be styled differently to the rest of the range, why have a Falcon looking like a Focus/Mondeo, makes no sense. Something like what Chrysler has done with the 300C. Out there but not too crazy. Then you can option one of the following engines, I4T, TDI, 6, 6LPG or V8.

With Performance you would keep the XR range and offer only XR6T (V6 or I6, whatever) and a V8. Have two trim levels, basic or Luxury which would be the same as the base luxury above..if you want a full luxury with a XR bad luck, get a full spec Luxury car. Then the XR would be styled more aggressively as it is now.

Then FPV stays the same, using the XR models as the base and they continue with Miami and the F6.

No more XT, want povo then get a base mondeo. Have the Luxury base model not to overly price in order for it to take the sales volume, even if the margin is small, try and make it up via upgrades.

I dont think blending the Falcon into a global look is going to help its cause much.

Id probably drop the ute while I was at it and make the ranger more attractive, and FFS make a V8 ranger.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post