Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default Broke the 260 trans!!!!

FINALLY, we have found the weak link.

Tonight at calder, recorded my best ever increments to half track, 1.80 60, 88mph to the half, 8.0 to the half, then when i found third, the car felt slow.

I looked over at the tach and it was holding peak revs. I got off it and back on it, and she slid like a slushpile through the top end, 12.74, my PB for calder, but about 4 tenths shy of where I wanted to be.

tailgate on, exhaust on, fulll tank of gas, with slicks and my 75mm throttle body.

I'll pull the tranny out tomorrow night and give it to the lads to take care of whilst im in canberra. although its a calder PB, thoroughly dissapointed. But, its not all bad. Part of the reason we push these limits is so that you guys come to know what to expect from your cars.

But stuff it, soon as i get back, ill get it back on the dyno with the new plenum, back down to calder and i'll rip its head off!!

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post