Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-2010, 01:00 AM   #11
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT
Interesting and who would know for sure. The following is not gospel just some of what I get told occasionally ........ I received a phone call in January 2009 telling me that the XR8 (as we know it) would be going and the only V8s would be FPV vehicles. I was told that V8s would only come out of FPV and no longer from the main plant and that included utes.

I did relay this to a few people (Theo at Bluepower will remember this) and there were those who laughed at this pearler but so did the thread here on the AFF when I also told them that Ingall was going to Holden 9 months before it hit the Press. Same source also told me Lowndes was going to Holden 18 months in advance.

Time will tell - well that is stating the obvious! No need to burn me at the stake as this is merely a sharing of what could prove to be completely untrue and Ford are always changing their minds, anyway, I reckon the car will be badged an entry FPV vehicle and priced much higher than it currently is. I did think that the GS release was a toe in the water.........

GT
Yes, that's something I remember you saying. I distinctly recall because I was told the exact same thing about the same time you said it, but from "left field".

I don't know how far they've gotten with the n.a. motor but one must ask the question: Why would FordAu have it if it's not to be used? At least immediately.

Consider the following.

There's Ford's global T6 programme happening at the moment. Who knows the magnitude of this programme, and what kind of resources this is tying up locally? It's massive!

There is also the work involved with the lilpg and ecoboost 4 for Falcon. That needs to be ready early next year. Don't forget the Territory, that too requires another packet of engineers, and is scheduled for early next year, too.

So it's all hands on deck at the moment, and my point is Ford need to prioritise what gets done first. FPV will press on with their product, which is to be revealed soon. In the case of Ford, in my opinion it is when, not if.