Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
Warrenk

A couple of years ago my 2 year old Pathfinder got caught in a hailstorm which caused $16000 dollars worth of damage. The repairs involved replacing most of the panels including the roof. Although the roof was available there was a process to seal the joint on the roof which hadn't been done in Australia before. In the end the insurance company decided to sent it to a paintless dent remover. The roof with the hail dents made a golf ball look smooth. When it was returned the job was impressive, I could not see one dent or ripple at all. Even the panel beater was impressed. They also remove the dents in the doors. But the important part of the the job was all the repair panels where painted along with the new ones which I was happy about. The reasons the panel beater told me for painting the repaired panels was for colour catching and like in previous posting, to ensure any micro cracking of the paint was sealed.
Warrenk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post