Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Default Mature Age Apprenticeship

Hey guys, I'm not usually the one to advertise personal problems, but I'm sick of the security industry, I was over it years ago but HR convinced me to stay of for a bit more, but I'm done with it now.

I've always been interested in getting a apprenticeship ever since school but a number of factors have stood in the way, well no longer!

Problem is in the days of the GFC its not so easy to source a apprenticeship, let alone keep it going the full 4 years.

I'm looking for ideas of trades and industries that are stable, I have NO interest in Hospitality and Mechanics, short of that I'm open to everything, I've always been interested in Coach and Boat building, but again, these days of the GFC I'm not sure on how stable those industries are.

I'm based on the Sunshine Coast and don't really want to move away but ill consider Brisbane.

Also I've been looking into apprenticeships offered by Energex but am wandering what sort of work there is for a ,electrical fitter mechanic, electrical lines persons and underground cable jointer's outside of Energex?

Also I have done a traineeships through high school (10 years ago) that was a engineering level 1, basically was the TAFE side of a first year electrician apprenticeship and a bit of welding and mechanics, whilst working for my dad that was a Refrigeration Mechanic

Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post