Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Playstations, Regions and Rock 'N' Roll

Through my impatience, my recent burning pocket syndrome, and the weak US dollar, I decided to jump the gun and order myself the ultimate Playstation interactive game "ROCK BAND". If any of you are familiar with the Guitar Hero series of games, which I am a confessed addict of, well this game ups the ante and takes the platform a step further with the addition of a microphone to allow vocals, retains a similar guitar setup, option for bass and what I'm hanging out for, a killer drum kit. This will make for a wicked party game. Problem is, I have to wait until June or July, and if international experience tells me anything, delays and stock-outs will be expected.

In my supposed ingenuity, I ordered a PS2 version from the states, which uses all the same equipment, identical to the PS3 version, but lacking a few key features in the game format. So in the event that I may purchase a PS3 in the future, all I need to buy is the disc. So onto eBay, $300 AUD later, ordered, then had that sinking feeling.....hmmmm.....I think that PS3 will play both PAL and NTSC (Aus and US region codes respectively).....but I seem to remember that PS2 is region encoded. OOPS!!! Anyway, expecting delivery of the gear over the next fortnight, but won't be able to play it....at least thats what I understand through my research.

So to all of you tech orientated guys and girls, does anybody know if its possible to remove the region encoding on a slimline PS2????? I had a similar problem with my DVD players, but a bit of research unveiled some instructions which enabled me to do so with the remote at no cost whatsoever.

Worst case scenario, I will purchase a PS3, and order the game disc from the states, which will cost around $60 AUD landed. Does anyone know the game at all, or have a PS3? Any tips or advice or general feelings towards this game or the PS3, I would be very grateful and interested to hear and enlighten me with info regarding this big purchase.

LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post