Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Shed/Garage space

Im in need of some garage space to strip and rebuild my coupe right.

Unfortunately my living arrangements dont allow this luxury (dammit).

I was thinking of doing the following things, and was interested in anyones thoughts (or offers)!!! How have other people achieved their rebuilds?

Basically it would be a 6 month to 12 month deal. Stripping engine/box/diff, glass, interior, etc - and storing parts there. A bit of tow truck action to things like panelbeaters and stuff. There wouldnt be any crazy work hours or major mechanical work going on (although stripping a car is pretty major huh). But thats the basic idea.

1. Letter box drop in my area (South Briz) just a small note about how I am a car enthusiast, and if any home owners have a backyard shed or garage they would be willing to rent to me for the above timeframe and work? If you were a home owner would you consider this?

2. Look at storage places and renting a space there? Although ive quoted this before and usually it is very expensive for the size you need to have to park a car and parts in there - as well as for such a long period. Adds to the cost of the rebuild pretty heavily too. Does anyone know of any storage places that do deals for car rebuilds for like 6-12 month long term rentals? (I reckon that is a decent business proposal/idea too!)

3. My car is garaged at my inlaws, under like a 'lean-to' type set up that is at the back of an existing carport. So its got a roof - but no sides, and is parked on grass. Pending building requirements of course - but should I concrete this area - and maybe slap up some removable type ply sheeting around this carport (pull it down when im working, put it up again for weatherproofing) and just do it there? Would cost me the building materials - and plenty of brownie points to the inlaws too.

4. Ummmmm........any other ideas?

The Coupsta
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post