Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tomato sauce with pie

Was driving through Tamworth a while back in a convoy of cars heading south after a christening in Toowoomba. We were discussing lunch over the radios and agreed we'd duck into town and have lunch...........support locals instead of doing the usual big M thing we thought.

Decided on pies so went to a local bakery.
4 drinks were $16.00 and the little old style sachet sauces were 90 cents each

When she told me the bill I said. 'Is that right'. She went through the bill in her best English holding the calculator up and pressing away at the same time. When she got to the sauces I said 'how much'.....'90 CENT, 90 CENT EACH!' she yells.

I can handle payin more for the drinks etc but when she yelled the sauce price at me I thought '**** this'...........'back to maccas kids' and walked off.

Am I gettin old or is 90 cents for the old sauce a bit rich.

It was more so the principle too. We head off the main road to support locals and this bakery wants to rip us off. I suppose the local big m has local workers so we did the right thing anyway

chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post