Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
alesia
Banned

Default wet road , bad tyres

a friend of mine just purchased a ED XR6 , he has had it 3 days , this afternoon going around a roundabout in warrnambools main street in the wet he lost it and went into the back of a Four Wheel Drive , he had Kumho Exstas on the rims which is enough said

Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

it'll buff out.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

OUCH!
Poor car :(

Mr Super Skid-Man
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
alesia
Banned

i was waiting for someone to say that , lucky there is no chasis damage to the car so there will be some repairs happening
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

put it this way, he wont do it again!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
Damo
Banned

Did he just get his license or something. Hopefully no one was hurt!? do you know if it's a write off or not ?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #7
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ouch...not good.certainly Looks repairable..

Cant just blame the tyres however...
Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Lost it in the Wet? I was going to say what Wet, but then I had a look at the Ground in the Photo, was pretty wet there OMG...........

ANYWAY that completely sucks, thats a write off and it was a nice looking car.........

Can't really blame the tyres though!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
alesia
Banned

no not only the tyres but also inexperience , he had is licience a while he only just got the car ,dont know what the insurance company will say but based on what i saw and what my friend that works at the RACV depot told me , it looks like it will be repairable , the chasis is fine its only really the front bumper, lights, radiator, and side guard . nothing structural.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #10
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

All depends on what they value the car at if they write it off, I have seen EF/EL XR6's with less damage and they have been written off due to the cost of the headlights, front bar, bonnet, indicator, radiator etc etc

The inside guard will have to be repaired or replaced as well and then there is the cost of removing everything to get to actually be able to do the repair - then repaint it....

I assume the wheels aren't stock, if they aren't you may run into trouble if where ever its insured hasn't been told it has different rims on it especially as the rims and tyres had a MAJOR contributing factor for the incident.....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #11
alesia
Banned

good lesson for everyone , for your first car get good tyres on your car , bad tyres in this case started the back end to slide and being inexperienced meant overcorrection and foot flat on the brake and everything ended in the back of a FWD
Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #12
alesia
Banned

he only had 3rd party . so they wont be paying him out any money.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #13
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesia
he only had 3rd party . so they wont be paying him out any money.
Thats better than nothing and he is very smart as alot of people on the forums "can't afford insurance"...............

Hope his excess isn't too massive as they usually can be for young drivers..........

Did he do all that damage by just hitting the 4WD?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 07-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #14
poomba
xc - my other love

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Thats better than nothing and he is very smart as alot of people on the forums "can't afford insurance"...............

Hope his excess isn't too massive as they usually can be for young drivers..........

Did he do all that damage by just hitting the 4WD?
cant afford insurance, then cant afford a car.

and going around a roundabout, or slogging it around a roundabout??

Quote:
the roads were greasy due to the fact that it hasnt rained down here for like 2 weeks , and it bucketed down , i was not blaming the crash souly on the tyres as if said in a previous post , it was wet the back end went a bit happy , him being inexperienced overcorrected way too much and had his foot flat on the brakes . all ive been saying is that good tyres make alot of difference
the roads a greasy in every state in aus.. maybe except taz. pretty sure that car has ABS, and he didn't slip out because of the breaks, he slipped out from 'silly sideways' action

apparently pretty fast - 400rwkw BF xr6t!

FG F6 bottom end - GTX3582 - Nizpro 4" exhaust - Nizpro cooler - plazmaman intake - piping - plenum - batt relocation - injectors - surge &044 pump - valve work & valve springs - XCAL
Old 07-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #15
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

That's a nasty ding!

Whatever you do, don't replace them with Falken ZE-326's! They're ****!
'XA Muscle'

Old 07-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #16
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

^^^^^^^ yep.

I have done 30 laps flat out on the said tyres at Queensland raceway, they didnt squirm, squeel or melt.

I think we should do the math.......XR6 + P plater x wet weather + or - a friend factor + round a bout = disaster. not to mention a new car.

These things happen
Old 06-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #17
alesia
Banned

the 4Wd only had a broken tail light , the tail light thats in the plastic bumper i think its just the bumper with tail light that needs to be replaced
Old 06-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #18
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
the 4Wd only had a broken tail light , the tail light that's in the plastic bumper i think its just the bumper with tail light that needs to be replaced
Before you put a claim in with the insurer wait until the 4WD sends you the repair quotes as the estimated cost of repairs may be lower than your friends excess and it may be cheaper to settle without going through the insurer.

If your friend is lucky they may not even send any quotes and just get it repaired them selves.

If they send you quotes direct then ask them to get two quotes BUT if they put the claim though their insurance company they will only supply you with one quote for repairs as this one quote will be assessed and authorised so that will be the amount you will have to pay - no questions asked.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #19
niko
likes falcon's

ouch!!! not funny yagz
Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #20
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ouch hope all in the car are ok

i showed the pics to helen (my wife) and im off to get the new tyres fitted on monday

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #21
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Kumho Exstas on the rims which is enough said

i've been to an aami driving course with my brother who ran kumho's and they were just excellent in the wet, it poured down the day we went, it was his go at turning and braking the car at about 50km's and it stopped like it had glue on the tyres unlike my EA which just slid lol really really bad, i told my instructor that it would just slide, he was happy that i knew the epercussions
Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #22
LTDHO
The one and only

I would say more drivers error than bad tyres!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 06-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #23
BADan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I would say more drivers error than bad tyres!
Agreed. Unless the tyres are bald, they are not an excuse. Even then, they are not.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #24
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarkho
Agreed. Unless the tyres are bald, they are not an excuse. Even then, they are not.
If the tyres were so bad that he could lose the rear in an XR6 going at a normal "safe" speed then what was he doing driving the car in the first place. The tyres on my XR8 are crap but I haven't hit anything...
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #25
Justin@
Banned

I bet next time he slows down in the wet and drives to the condition of the roads. I dont think the tyres were the problem.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #26
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Comon, when is it not the drivers fault if they loose it at a roundabout?

Now he can tell people that he tapped his car while drifting!
Old 07-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #27
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Hmmmm All I can say is Slow down Next time
and Lucky He did not hit anything else or somebody crossing the road
Must have "slid" a bit to get the back end that far around.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #28
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

wet road , bad tyres, bad drive,

enough said
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 07-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #29
alesia
Banned

the roads were greasy due to the fact that it hasnt rained down here for like 2 weeks , and it bucketed down , i was not blaming the crash souly on the tyres as if said in a previous post , it was wet the back end went a bit happy , him being inexperienced overcorrected way too much and had his foot flat on the brakes . all ive been saying is that good tyres make alot of difference
Old 07-01-2007, 01:55 AM   #30
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

iv driven in the wet with slicks on and u should know that when turning in the wet with your foot on the gas its going to slide i say he was going to fast attempted to kick it no experience and he has lernt the hard way, iv never managed to hit a gutter, and i have taken roundabouts at speed and i know you have to put your foot down to kick it even with 345s on in the wet, you cant blame wet roads, oily roads, nothing but the driver if he took it slower the car wouldnt have kicked out, its got nothing to do with tyres.

end rant,
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Closed Thread