Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default This place is going to the dogs

http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...-1226798453374
Wow, just wow................

Old 10-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: This place is going to the dogs

From the article:

Tribunal deputy president James Constance said Gabriel had a "low to moderate" chance of reoffending. But because he had lived in Australia with his family since age 10, it would be better if Gabriele remained, Mr Constance ruled.

"I am satisfied that Mr Gabriel would suffer greater impediments in re-establishing himself in New Zealand than he would face if free to remain in Australia," he wrote.

"He has not lived in that country as an adult and his recollection of his time living there is negative."

Seriously? Send him back and make it hard for him. Why does anyone expect criminals to get a free or easy ride, and since when is punishment supposed to be comfortable? Bleeding hearts are creating the environment in which this type of violence continues to thrive.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Exactly, and what about the poor bugger that was seriously assaulted ?? Just beggars belief..............
3 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

I can only shake my head in disbelief at the imbeciles who come up with decisions like this.

Surely the gov can spend a few $$$ on building several new jails which will get people working and in jobs and allows the courts to send low life thugs like this guy to jail for a lengthy jail term.

If someone can walk down the street and randomly decide to violently and brutally attack an innocent man for no reason, then they deserve to rot in jail for life. Stuff like this disgusts me and it has me puzzled at how the judge can think scum like this should be allowed in society.

FPV_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Dreadful!! The article does not mention whether the victim has made a full recovery or not. I hope he has been able to go back to his profession in full capacity.

The lowlife that bashed him should rot in jail. Deportation to New Zealand?? THat's hardly any hardship now is it??

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
Dreadful!! The article does not mention whether the victim has made a full recovery or not. I hope he has been able to go back to his profession in full capacity.

The lowlife that bashed him should rot in jail. Deportation to New Zealand?? THat's hardly any hardship now is it??
It was on the radio today that the victim still suffers from headaches as a result of previous blood clots in the brain from the initial impact. He is traumatised from the event - did not mention whether he was working back in his professional as a doctor.
Poor bloke has been given a life sentence.
Makes you wonder what you have to do to get locked up or kicked out of the country.
Evgeni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What an absolute joke! What is wrong with our system? Nothing seems morally or ethically right in some of the decisions these guys make.
I would give the guy 2 options.
No 1: go back to NZ with nothing but the shirt on his back OR
No 2: receive a baseball bat to the head until it cracks his skull
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #8
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does it just come down to someone is just milking the system again and all the morons come out on top.
I was on a Jury with some load of crock and bull story that should never of gone past the sergeant desk. what a waste of money ! on two idiots. but it's just the madness of today's world of knit pickers who make a big deal about nothing. in the 80's and back the sergeant would deal with it all in commonsense.
The Legal mobs milk anything they can. who keeps an eye on them lot.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
Danford2
Starter Motor

Makes me so angry - how can someone do that and get away with it!
Should be attempted murder charges, hitting someone in the head with a baseball bat so hard it craks the skull and you get a slap on the wrist.
Danford2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #10
Golioth
Cruzin in FNQ

The bleeding heart mobs have so infiltrated Oz law now that the rights of the individual far out weight the rights of the society. Its about time that the law was used as a hammer on people that do this stuff and not be swayed by all this fluffy stuff like 'he had a bad childhood' etc.

Do the crime. if found guilty, you get hit with a long strong fist of the law, not a feather!!
Golioth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Pathetic and sad that our legal system cares more about the criminals than it does the victims.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #12
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

I remember reading about the original attack. When they hit him with the bat, they laughed at the noise made by the air coming out of his ears. Then hit him more to hear it again.

A one way ticket to where you came from is the only correct solution.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #13
zilo
BANNED

If they sent him back to NZ he wouldn't do any jail time.

The correct decision was jail, it's not an immigration issue.

After jail...then examine other options.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

This is from The Age. Looks like he did jail time. Judging by the sentences handed down it looks like the others might have been the main instigators.

However I cannot support a person like this remaining here. He should be sent home.

Quote:
A Melbourne man jailed for years for his part in the attack which left prominent doctor Mukesh Haikerwal with serious head injuries will be allowed to stay in Australia after originally having his visa cancelled.
New Zealand-born Sean Gabriel was one of a trio who battered Dr Haikerwal with a baseball bat during a robbery spree in the bayside suburb of Williamstown in 2008.

Gabriel, along with Alfer Azzopardi and Michael Baltatzis, bashed the former president of the Australian Medical Association so badly that his skull audibly cracked during the assault.

Gabriel was originally sentenced to more than nine years in prison, a term reduced to seven years with a minimum of four years on appeal. He was released from jail in October, 2012.

And now, the Australian Administrative Tribunal has ruled that Gabriel, 25, will be allowed to stay in Australia, despite federal immigration minister Scott Morrison cancelling his visa in October.
After three months in immigration detention, a ruling by AAT deputy president James Constance said Gabriel should be allowed to stay in the country, given his strong ties to Australia and the effect his deportation would have on his family.
"I am satisfied that Mr Gabriel would suffer greater impediments in re-establishing himself in New Zealand than he would face if free to remain in Australia," Mr Constance ruled.
"He has not lived in that country as an adult and his recollection of his time living there is negative. He does not have the prospect of the same degree of family support as he has in Australia."
Mr Constance said the cancellation of Gabriel's visa would have a harmful effect on his family, and would be particularly distressing for his mother.

Dr Haikerwal came within half an hour of dying after the attack and lost a piece of his brain. After learning to walk and talk again, he made a full recovery and is working in Melbourne.
Azzopardi was sentenced to 18-and-a-half years with a minimum of 13-and-a-half, while Baltatzis was jailed for at least 10-and-a-half years.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #15
BHDOGS
Banned

He should walk and talk his way right to the jail and give the scum Sitting inside the finger and then start dancing his freedom then they should be forced to watch it everyday of there sentence. To junivile maybe? Haha
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #16
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

He should still be in jail

FPV_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #17
zilo
BANNED

The victim made a full recovery.

The main perps are doing serious jail time, the civilized society repatriates them.

The barbaric ones execute them or torture them.

I am also sure that 2000 nights of bliss with a hairy cellmate has adjusted the perpetrator's behavior immensely.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #18
nstg8a

While I understand the sentiment of saying 'send him back to where he came from' I don't see it as a fair outcome for anyone.
At least here he serves his punishment in the community he offended in, not sure how victim compensation works, but I'm sure if he went back to NZ there would no chance for any.
Plus at the end of the day, if he hasn't lived in NZ since being a child, then his behaviour is basically a result of him growing up in this society, not nz's.
Too easy to just ship him off.

Brings up the whole kiwi living in aus rights debacle too.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #19
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thought you were talking about forum then when I saw the heading.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #20
Motorbreath310

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME View Post
Thought you were talking about forum then when I saw the heading.
Must....buy......Aeroklas.....ute-box....
Motorbreath310 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #21
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the violent turkeys do should do the full time...... no early release, no appeal rights, do the crime do the time.
edit: actually i wouldn't mind if they bought back the death penalty, they really need to take a harder line on some of these sods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lN4TSslz-0
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #22
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They been handing out laughable sentences as far back as I can remember, even more so for repeat offenders.

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #23
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Society has jumped off the wheel ...... unfortunately without mass national protests and riots in a bid to overhaul our judicial system, these effin unjust lawmakers will continue living in their fairy floss world, allowing this behaviour to become more common place. Sad.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #24
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can sook all you want

there is worse ****s, mega dole bludging generations, that get off with worse with less

my mummy didnt hug me and my daddy is unknown
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #25
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
you can sook all you want

there is worse ****s, mega dole bludging generations, that get off with worse with less

my mummy didnt hug me and my daddy is unknown
I came across that there is some people who are getting into king hitting people it's some new age fad.

I moved out to wop wop when i was 9 and came across people who had only just stopped living in the trees, first day at the new school the whole lot of them wanted to fight me and i had not even spoke to one of them ? talk about morons ! but i would have to fight nearly every week, but we had some rules back then, not nowadays they have not learnt the rules because they are just gutless low life mongrels and you see mob attacks now for someone doing next to nothing.
Bring back fighting in the schools, our principal said he wanted to get a ring for us kids but they could not afford it back then in 1973. the principal was all for fighting in a controlled way and said he would love to watch and the teachers agreed. he said it was character building and he was a sergeant in the army in WW2 and a fantastic principle as he knew people instinctively you could not fool him and he was always just. not like the other principals who had no people skills only academic wind bags and fruit loops living in a fairy land. and this is i think the problem with the Law today, fruit loops are in control. cops have to go back to what did work and that means polishing their boots on some tails. and this nonsense of 5 ft tall 50kg woman cops on the beat is just stupid and just a joke.
But hey that the world today stupid is stupid does, all is fine.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #26
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
Bring back fighting in the schools, our principal said he wanted to get a ring for us kids but they could not afford it back then in 1973. the principal was all for fighting in a controlled way and said he would love to watch and the teachers agreed.
this is disturbing (and insane)
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #27
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
this is disturbing (and insane)
No it's not at all, it's about life skills.
My dad sent my self and brothers and sister to Judo as soon as we came of age to do so. it was great as it taught you discipline and control it was truly a reality experience.
As far as the schools goes if both kids want to fight, why not do it in the ring, it's controlled and will educate the kids right from wrong.

I think all this mongrel gang pack and moronic stuff that happens because of todays numbskull modern day wimps being in control who live in a bubble not the real world. they don't have an handle on reality as they want to live in a dream state. so they are off with the pixies and fact is they are part of the problem.
One of my brothers had the misfortune of taking in another family of 3 with his next wife and this womans eldest boy was a total moron a product of the new age world of govenment control and with just dip sticks just in control, this idiot smoked dope hanged around with a gang that bashed and bullied anyone they could. my brother had no control over the idiot at all, why because of our modern day laws that are so destructive to kids. this kid would bash his mum for money even punched my brother in the face and the list goes on.
Just look at the problems with the modern young bikie gangs today, they are out of control with morons that will go to any lengths to get what they want as they are so out of control, the Law can't keep it under control because this lot know how to play the game, so the law is lagging behind like a backward fool.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #28
wookie836
Highway wanderer

i can see a lot of issues are starting to become exacerbated by weak judges decisions, you can blame the cops and govt all you want but when the judges are the ones taking a soft approach to criminals, the system becomes more and more a revolving door.
wookie836 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #29
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Judges and Magistrates should be required to consider the public interest when they dish out these sentences. Something they clearly aren't doing now.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #30
Robdogg
FORDTORQUE

It was shown on some tv doco thing awhile ago that oz gaols are full of islanders and Arabs/lebs etc and I'm sure a large percent of them must have been born here so I can't see how they can use being born and raised here in Australia can be valid in any of there defence. If thats a reasonable and valid excuse then the gaols would have more of an equal balance of all different nationalities not just basically dominated by the 2 main groups they have now. I wasn't born here and I don't and hope I never have any criminal convictions but some to most of these people have lengthy criminal histories so basically how far is too far before they are stopped. In some countries there's no such thing as career criminals because the criminals either dead or they've disappear and if they are lucky they are doing time but not in the joke holiday type gaols they have here with the slap in the victims face type sentences they give. Some people say send these defective type people to the army to teach them some discipline but do you really want these types of people taught how to shoot better and with sometimes many different firearms or maybe teach them how to fight better. The law is the law but the law here is basically a joke steered by the do gooders who even want to give pedo's their 15th chance at not adding a number 16 to the resume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post