Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Rob
Living the dream

Default Lack of petrol on Tuesdays? Anyone notice?

Seems that every tuesday 50% of the pumps are out of order.

Anyone else notice that?

Coincidence that Tuesday is a cheapest day?... surely petrol stations wouldn't be trying to fleece motorists..... :

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

heard a similar story on the news today, but it was premium fuel is more hard to find on tuesdays, but there is no prob finding a premium pump when the price is the highest at the end of the week.
EF Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
xrfranjo
whats that noise

my local BP and Shell have come up with a number of excuses from short supplied to broken pumps even to the driver put the wrong fuel in... we should get ray hadley hopping on this.... my car is suffering as is the wallet
Old 05-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Pumps do brake, fuel does run out.

Deliveries are usually made on Wednesdays
Old 05-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
xrfranjo
whats that noise

6 weeks in a row?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrfranjo
6 weeks in a row?

Actually I've known service station pumps that are so tempremental they spend more time out of service than in.

Like most business' servo's try and hold the absolute minimum of stock so its not unusal to run out.

Tuesday is generally cheap day, maybe people in your area have cottoned onto this and are going nuts Tuesday morning.

Bit hard to call it a conspiracy without evidence, at the moment it's just annoyingly coincidental
Old 05-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having to buy only LPG and Diesel, nope, haven't noticed a problem :

Have seen a few pumps out of order, but just chalk that down to poor maintenance on the servo's behalf.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
farah9

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Actually I've known service station pumps that are so tempremental they spend more time out of service than in.

Like most business' servo's try and hold the absolute minimum of stock so its not unusal to run out.

Tuesday is generally cheap day, maybe people in your area have cottoned onto this and are going nuts Tuesday morning.

Bit hard to call it a conspiracy without evidence, at the moment it's just annoyingly coincidental

Yeah, just funny how every ethanol 10% pump is working whenever I go to the BP up the road, but every other pump is broken.
farah9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah9
Yeah, just funny how every ethanol 10% pump is working whenever I go to the BP up the road, but every other pump is broken.
I rang up that petrol station once, I just asked if you guys have petrol??

the silence was golden rofl, in the end I said 98 ron, he repled saying "we have it but its not pumping".
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #10
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86

a good buisness anticipates demand and adjusts the order to suit! running out once or twice ? ok. but constantly running out? bad planning or deliberate act.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Interesting fact: Petrol was 9 cents/litre in 1968. Oh for the good old days.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

On TEN news just then...Petrol will cost $3.00 a litre.....In 10 years time!!! 10 Years...SO....Wages will go up within 10 years too!

Talk about scare tactic!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
On TEN news just then...Petrol will cost $3.00 a litre.....In 10 years time!!! 10 Years...SO....Wages will go up within 10 years too!

Talk about scare tactic!
The way its going it will be 3 bucks by the end of the year.

Hopefully in 10 years time the hybrid car will be better and more common.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #14
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

The local caltex servo (a woolies one at that) was out of unleaded by 5pm yesterday. I have never seen it so empty. The shell up the road had cars lined up 3 deep at every boweser at 10pm last night.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't get diesel at the moment from BP near work. It's annoying as hell as we go through 150-190lt every 2 days. I hate to cheat and find a Shell with diesel today.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #16
BLDNUT01

the pumps with the out of order signs on it aren,t the 1,s closest to the road are they cost they do it to stop drive offs during late evening through to morning thats what i was told when i was working for a servo for a brief time (crap job)
Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

in 2004, the SMH reported a $3/LTR by the end of 3 years(2007), amazing, now they predict $3/LTR in 10 years.

what mongrel liars!

article from 2004: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...022428639.html
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #18
SBR_1
soon to be a McDonald :D

Why can I see evey 2nd car going onto gas.....
Old 05-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #19
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Ive been buying petrol since 1964 when tradesman mechanics wages were twenty pounds a week $40 petrol was 4 shillings a gallon ie 10 cents per litre diesel was 2 shillings per gallon and kero was 1 shilling a gallon now when tradies wages were $400 per week fuel was what 60 cents per litre about 1994 now wages are about $800 not excactly sure as not in the trade any more and fuel is in Brisbane any where between $1.20 to $1.38 which is about $5 a gallon to my calculations that makes petrol about 40% cheaper these days than 1964 thats not counting diesel which has risen rediculously I can recall filling up my 1952 Ford twin spinner (Fairlane) at a cost of 2 pounds ie that would equate to about 10% of my wage at the time to fill my BA costs about $75 less than 10% of my wage just my observations thanks JOHN ps still lookinf for a rear wing for the BA in Mercury silver
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #20
irlewy86
Meep Meep

I can remember filling my Fairmont (bless the dearly departed) up for $40 at 20% of my weekly wage.

I can also remember filling my Camry up for 90$ at 40% of my weekly wage.

That was in the space of 2 years.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Thank god i only fill up the XY once every two weeks!!! ....
Old 07-03-2008, 04:00 AM   #22
drone

I'll tell you why theres 50% pumps out of order, or fuel runs out or why alot of things go wrong on a tuesday. Its because its insanely busy, more then double then it is on a monday. These things cant be fixed when theres an endless stream of customers that think petrol is being given away for free.

I seriously cannot fathom why any sane person would try to fill up in the bedlam that occurs after 3 on a tuesday???? Its only 1-2 cents more expensive on a monday, and theres less then half the cars. $50 bux fuel, bout 35 litres thats a WHOLE 35-70 cents saved (about 1% if your lucky). There is no real saving to be made from it, and if you think your saving your kidding yourself. There are alot better things that you can be focussing your energy on to save a few bux.

"surely petrol stations wouldn't be trying to fleece motorists" Your a genius, thats some great logic there. "We'll try rip off the customer by putting half our pumps out of order on the cheap day. By not selling fuel we can actually make a heap of cash!"

And since im already ranting......

The people who complain about the petrol jumping up 15 cents on a wednesday. Thats the cycle, it jumps up wednesday arvo, and slowly drops for the next week till its wednesday again. Its been happening of over 2 years, its not like it randomly happened just to rip you off. :
drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #23
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by drone
I'll tell you why theres 50% pumps out of order, or fuel runs out or why alot of things go wrong on a tuesday. Its because its insanely busy, more then double then it is on a monday. These things cant be fixed when theres an endless stream of customers that think petrol is being given away for free.

I seriously cannot fathom why any sane person would try to fill up in the bedlam that occurs after 3 on a tuesday???? Its only 1-2 cents more expensive on a monday, and theres less then half the cars. $50 bux fuel, bout 35 litres thats a WHOLE 35-70 cents saved (about 1% if your lucky). There is no real saving to be made from it, and if you think your saving your kidding yourself. There are alot better things that you can be focussing your energy on to save a few bux.

"surely petrol stations wouldn't be trying to fleece motorists" Your a genius, thats some great logic there. "We'll try rip off the customer by putting half our pumps out of order on the cheap day. By not selling fuel we can actually make a heap of cash!"

And since im already ranting......

The people who complain about the petrol jumping up 15 cents on a wednesday. Thats the cycle, it jumps up wednesday arvo, and slowly drops for the next week till its wednesday again. Its been happening of over 2 years, its not like it randomly happened just to rip you off. :
I'd rather not give OPEC an extra $5 if I can avoid it............
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #24
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drone
I agree fully and working in servos for 4.5 years I would suggest to people to come the day before the bottom of the cycle so that they miss the bedlam
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #25
falcon_6

Get this a Shell servo on camden valley way in sydney where i buy fuel from on occasions has lately run out of 95,98 fuel on sundays and tuesday mornings.
I have approached them and asked i few questions.
Guess what stories they came up with.
One was no fuel,broken pump and shell is cleaning the refinery.
But guess what, they mysteriously seem to find it from somewhere on monday morning but run out by tuesday and reappears for the rest of the week.
What a joke!
falcon_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #26
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

When you have a 6 cyl and an 8 cyl, 4 cents off per litre is around $5 per week. I'd wait 5 minutes and save 5 bucks. But that is just me.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #27
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

This is something that I have suffered from in Sydney badly- 8 service stations with no premium fuel in a row......I don't care what the excuse is- I have never experienced issues so archaic in my life before.
I had to put a little 91 RON in just to keep going and eventually found ine pump with 98....its happening very regularly and is not due to the pumps being broken, it is due to a laxadasical approach to topping up the tanks after the weekend. I was told by 3 separate stations that they had not had fuel deliveries for a few days hence the running out...I don't know how accurate these were but I struggle to find and reason behind it???

Pathetic....end of rant!!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #28
drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAREV8
This is something that I have suffered from in Sydney badly- 8 service stations with no premium fuel in a row......I don't care what the excuse is- I have never experienced issues so archaic in my life before.
I had to put a little 91 RON in just to keep going and eventually found ine pump with 98....its happening very regularly and is not due to the pumps being broken, it is due to a laxadasical approach to topping up the tanks after the weekend. I was told by 3 separate stations that they had not had fuel deliveries for a few days hence the running out...I don't know how accurate these were but I struggle to find and reason behind it???

Pathetic....end of rant!!
There is definately no excuse for that, as there is no where near as much demand for 98 RON as there is for the regular unleaded. That is pretty poor actually
drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #29
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Fuel is a joke, scam, and alot of other bad things, its the only way companies can hit all of society, everyone needs fuel, no matter how high the price is, people will still buy petrol cause they need it...

I heard that fuel companies only get a few cent's per litre? and the rest is all government and oil companies (I think it was ACA)..
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #30
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry if this is completely off topic, but i had my first time filling up petrol the other day:

I was driving around with my driving instructor, he told me to drive into the petrol station and get a pump, then showed me how to fill up the car (then i spilled some on my shoes). I looked at the amount of liters and how much it cost, and i have to say that is one of the gayest things i have ever seen. (He payed, but still).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post