Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #1
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Question What is the name of the song and artist used in the Kia Seltos commercial?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2020, 11:39 PM   #2
bawagon2012
Starter Motor

Default Re: What is the name of the song and artist used in the Kia Seltos commercial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI
bawagon2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2020, 11:45 PM   #3
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Default Re: What is the name of the song and artist used in the Kia Seltos commercial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawagon2012 View Post

Weird

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 12:19 AM   #4
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Weird
This song was voted the #1 song in the Triple J Hottest 100 countdown in the last week. The weirdness must be catchy to many.
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 12:21 AM   #5
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
.......Triple J.......

Enough said.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 01-02-2020, 12:28 AM   #6
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Enough said.
Now that it's been voted #1, it'll pop up in heaps of different ads. Most of the popular songs debut on Triple J get played for several months, then get picked up by Nova, Hit(whatever it is now) and then get flogged to death as new music. I used to listen to Triple J, but tuned out when rap became too much.
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
This song was voted the #1 song in the Triple J Hottest 100 countdown in the last week. The weirdness must be catchy to many.
I prefer singers who actually sing and not just talk along to a catchy tune
Old 02-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
That’s says a lot about the people who listen to that station then....
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2020, 12:07 AM   #9
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
That’s says a lot about the people who listen to that station then....
It was enough for the OP to start a topic, asking what that song was. The advertising guru's have done their job!
4 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2020, 04:28 PM   #10
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawagon2012 View Post
I think that was worse than clicking on a link for a John Cadogan episode
Old 02-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #11
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I think that was worse than clicking on a link for a John Cadogan episode
Yeah, sure the song was bad, but lets not get too carried away.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #12
Work Horse
Budget Racer

#OK Boomer.

Billie Eilish Rocks!
Old 01-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #13
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, catchy tune, big 'BUT', like all car TV adverts these days, what does it tell you about the car. SFA ?
Examples …………
Fords 'where do babies come from ?" and the one where one bloke seems to be telling his best mate why he isn't invited to his wedding.
The twerp driving a Toyota HRV (?) while bopping to a teeny song. If that is not a good example of inattentive driving, I'l buy a new MG SUV.
And the two Corollas chasing each other around a roundabout.
(Should start a thread about stupid, uninformative car ads.)
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #14
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Well if i was ever in danger of buying a Kia Seltos listening to that certainly cured me of it

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #15
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Yes, catchy tune, big 'BUT', like all car TV adverts these days, what does it tell you about the car. SFA ?
Examples …………
Fords 'where do babies come from ?" and the one where one bloke seems to be telling his best mate why he isn't invited to his wedding.
The twerp driving a Toyota HRV (?) while bopping to a teeny song. If that is not a good example of inattentive driving, I'l buy a new MG SUV.
If you're in a market for a car. Who here waits for a TV commercial to find out what a car is about?

Or do you jump on the interwebs after seeing a piece of advertising to find out more about a car?

There are multiple layers in the marketing funnel...
Awareness, Intention, Consideration, Conversion...

A TV campaign fitting in all those stages in this day and age is silly...each funnel should have a campaign that is native to it...
A TV campaign attracting broad awareness doesnt have to have as much information as a BTL campaign in the consideration stage.
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #16
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
There are multiple layers in the marketing funnel...
Awareness, Intention, Consideration, Conversion...

A TV campaign fitting in all those stages in this day and age is silly...each funnel should have a campaign that is native to it...
A TV campaign attracting broad awareness doesnt have to have as much information as a BTL campaign in the consideration stage.
You must be in the advertising/marketing industry. I do not understand any of what you wrote.
But then I failed to understand Holden's adverts, such as the Colorado vs The Goat, Mum's crowd surfing at a pop concert (Equinox), how to get out of an Arcadia, and how to steal a painting using various SUV's.
None of these made me want to research the internet, or entice me to walk into a Holden dealer to find out more.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #17
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
You must be in the advertising/marketing industry. I do not understand any of what you wrote.
But then I failed to understand Holden's adverts, such as the Colorado vs The Goat, Mum's crowd surfing at a pop concert (Equinox), how to get out of an Arcadia, and how to steal a painting using various SUV's.
None of these made me want to research the internet, or entice me to walk into a Holden dealer to find out more.

And not many people were convinced by Holden's campaign to "let's go there".

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #18
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Whether the ad says anything at all about the vehicle is completely irrelevant to the vast majority of the buying public, if it's catchy and memorable then people will always relate it to the product, case in point.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #19
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Cars and Music ? who cares what the car was

Old 02-02-2020, 04:24 PM   #20
prydey
Rob

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra
Examples …………
ironically, while you may not realise it, you kind of prove that these ads actually worked.

The whole point of a tv commercial is to get your attention. Its about making you be able to remember the brand or product later without actually realising it. All about getting in to your subconscious.

That is why many successful ads don't actually say too much in the ad itself, or are very detailed about the actual product. Keeping it simple is the most efficient way. Or making it memorable. The reason it is memorable doesn't really matter.

Many criticised Ford's 'walking fingers' ad, and yet how many people even today remember that ad?

An ad isn't designed to make you do something you weren't already thinking of doing. If you aren't in the market for a car, no ad in the world is suddenly going to make you buy a car. That's not how it works. These days its just about creating brand awareness.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:41 PM   #21
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Keeping it simple is the most efficient way. Or making it memorable. The reason it is memorable doesn't really matter.

Many criticised Ford's 'walking fingers' ad, and yet how many people even today remember that ad?
I don't remember the 'walking fingers' advert, but I think this one is memorable ………… ( you can probably guess my age bracket now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kryaTJNMgE
Old 05-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #22
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Failed to understand - but you were able to tell me the brand, the model and the story of the ad......its done its job in awareness phase...

To entice you to walk into the dealership, they'll have to hit you during the conversion stage - but that's only if you are in market...otherwise, theyd be wasting money...

You dont even have to search it up either - if you fit the target audience/ or hit the criteria based on your recent google searches (not necessarily searching for car). Theyll serve you another ad....if your not interested and dont click on it...they'll stop. if you are theyll hit you ad ad again.

And yes, i am in Marketing/Advertising industry...
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2020, 05:31 PM   #23
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
Failed to understand - but you were able to tell me the brand, the model and the story of the ad......its done its job in awareness phase...
And yes, i am in Marketing/Advertising industry...
I still don’t get the philosophy of what you are advocating.
Just because I am aware of an advert for a Farnarkle doesn’t make me want to rush out and buy that item. When I decide I need to buy a Farnarkle, I would probably go to Bunnings (there you go…. brand awareness, mainly because I know my local corner store hardware does not stock Farnarkles) and compare prices and specifications of various Farnarkles.

If I see an advert which I think is ridiculous (Colorado v Goat), or makes me wonder what it is all about, I dismiss it as a load of BS, consign it to memory as irrelevant. I may be aware of it, but as a potential customer who is totally impressed and must have ……… nah.

I must be really different from the mainstream sheeple who follow influencers.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #24
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about this westpac ad
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lCquhPH-WwI
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2020, 11:25 PM   #25
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m still trying to figure out those 5G ads!
Old 03-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #26
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Don't think it was correctly answered previously.

Song name: Bad Guy
Artist: Billie Eilish

Woops - should have opened the second post

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 03-02-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #27
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This song is/was featured in a number of ads at least as far back as June of last year.
I know because it got stuck in my head and eventually my daughter bought my the CD as a birthday gift.

The song is everywhere and while nearly everything released today does not much for me, this song is different and interesting......I don't need to hear it several times a day however.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post