Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
FLYXR8

Default under cover cops raceing...can thay.....

hi all. Thinking i mite of seen a undercover cop raceing ppl on weekend.not sure tho mite just be my mind playing tricks. But can the ploice do this as in doing bournout speed way over the speed as in 60kmh zone doing well over the 100k mark. Drifting and so on then do the ppl that race them.. How duz this make them better then the guys that do it.. Whats thoghts on this.. Have u been done or some one u no..

Bf xr8 yellow 6speed auto.
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Shaker scoop,cams,full twin pipe exhaust set up,rims,and more.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: under cover cops raceing...can thay.....

i believe Thats considered entrapment. However if you Dont challenge it in court they would get away with it
Old 21-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
i believe Thats considered entrapment.
Not so much in Australia.

But with all the focus on road safety, hooning and very K over.. If you had some video evidence of this I think it would be in the public interest for the media to get it.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
FLYXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Not so much in Australia.

But with all the focus on road safety, hooning and very K over.. If you had some video evidence of this I think it would be in the public interest for the media to get it.
no video did think of it but i just left it. As said not 100%sure if it was..
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Old 21-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i believe Thats considered entrapment. However if you Dont challenge it in court they would get away with it

No such thing in Australia...

Quote:
hi all. Thinking i mite of seen a undercover cop raceing ppl on weekend.not sure tho mite just be my mind playing tricks. But can the ploice do this as in doing bournout speed way over the speed as in 60kmh zone doing well over the 100k mark. Drifting and so on then do the ppl that race them.. How duz this make them better then the guys that do it.. Whats thoghts on this.. Have u been done or some one u no..
And how do you know it was an unmarked Police car? Or is this just another cop bashing thread.. ?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 21-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
I guess that's the price we pay having so my US TV here in Aus. It's bollocks.

Does it happen? Absolutely. Has happened to me on a couple of occasions. On one occasion, I had a VR Commy revving the crap out of a 5L next to me at the lights when I was in my XWGT. I didn't bite, he took off in a cloud of smoke.

Few sets of lights later, an Integra was beside me doing the same thing. He also left in a cloud of (exhaust) smoke. Cop had stopped the next street up and obviously clocked him. After going through another set of lights, cop was getting out of his car to book the Integra and gave me a thumbs up.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
you've been watching too much american tv . there are no entrapment laws in australia

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 21-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Hell Cat

I have heard of situations where they have been known to lure people into a race along the M1, when the person falls for it the cop then pulls them over.

On a different note. Around 3 years ago going from the gold coast to Brisbane there was an SS commodore following me closely so I moved to the far left lane so they could pass me... They followed me into the next lane & kept tailgating me (I could see their lights through the grill of their car) I dropped from 100 down to 95.... They eventually got the ***** & passed me (fast) around 8km down the road they had someone pulled over.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Hayden1

I've heard of cops doing stuff like this but I never really believed it - must be illegal!?

But it's incredibly easy to spot an AFP car or unmarked HP as they are usually turbo falcons or territories or V8 commo's with those lights on the dash and rear windows.
I remember last year I was looking for a park in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and was driving around the block when I began to notice random guys in suits standing near big black caprices with turbo territories scattered around the streets and a R8 parked over the road. They all had the special lights on them and the R8 had a piece of paper on the dash with the big AFP logo on it.
That got me excited
Old 21-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden1
I've heard of cops doing stuff like this but I never really believed it - must be illegal!?

But it's incredibly easy to spot an AFP car or unmarked HP as they are usually turbo falcons or territories or V8 commo's with those lights on the dash and rear windows.
I remember last year I was looking for a park in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and was driving around the block when I began to notice random guys in suits standing near big black caprices with turbo territories scattered around the streets and a R8 parked over the road. They all had the special lights on them and the R8 had a piece of paper on the dash with the big AFP logo on it.
That got me excited
How the hell can they justify the cost of an R8 to taxpayers, aren't they like a couple of hundred thousand dollars???
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
jackson105

Years and years ago doing a little street racing we had a brand new el xr8 and i think a vs commonwhore come belting down the road, turned round went back again came back down, the xr8 pulled the handbrake mid track blue light goes on, ss did the same at the end then the rest just swooped. this was back around 97/98 so I know they use to do it then. And another night a mate in a vl 5.0ltr, a v8 xd and ss booted it from the lights infront of us. The ss had surf stickers, and a couple of stuffed toys on back shelf. a few seconds later bang on go the lights in the ss. Mate lost his licence for 3 months. Luckily me and the xa, and another mate in a slr 5000 were having cooling issues, so we hadnt tried joining in on the fun. I know they have a job to do, but baiting like that sucks ***

2006 Ford ZC Escape XLT

2009 FPV GS Build # 105 in Ego
Old 21-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
BHDOGS
Banned

Is not entrapment as there creating a situation that you have a choice not to pursue just like the old keys left in car door thief trick if it's a situation your forced to pursue due to no other option that's entrapment or so I believe to be the case
Old 21-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Your new best friend

http://www.onsitecameras.com/blog/pr...ategory/137-2/

Every car should have one.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Your new best friend

http://www.onsitecameras.com/blog/pr...ategory/137-2/

Every car should have one.
I was considering it till I saw As seen on "A Current Affair".

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
Old 21-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

All of them have been shown on ACA.

Have a look at Fullnoise (a member here) youtube clips' from in-truck footage.
High quality units indeed.
Old 21-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
FLYXR8

street draging is not allowed anyway. I do not do it in a unsafe way when i do.which is hardly never now days for this reason. The car had no lights visabel didnt pull any one up from what i seen. But i didnt even see a markd cop car that night as normly u would which makes me think.
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Old 21-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #17
BHDOGS
Banned

Hsv r8 not Audi r8 haha
Old 21-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Do they consider racing to the speed limit as illegal drag racing? The only thing they could really do you for is excessive acceleration, surely?

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
Old 21-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Those Cams are awesome - the old man has one in his xr8 and I was really surprised how clear they were and how much they actually picked up!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
Old 21-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
Miss_XR6

As you didnt get done it be hard to prove unless its on video with clearly showing number plates ect
Take it to the police ombudsman

If people didnt race the cops wouldnt be out there anyways
Old 21-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No such thing as entrapment in Australia.

They bait you and you're stupid enough to not look through the side window and see the dash lights then your own fault and deserve to be booked.
Old 21-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #22
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe they made a movie about it. Too Fast Too Furious. maybe that was based on actual events....
Old 21-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

My parents live in the Southern Highlands of NSW... Tahmoor to be exact.

Went down to the local shops to grab lunch, and I saw a Holden... ummm help me out here... it was a white 'Blue Meanie' car.. the modern ones. I'm sure it was one of those, it had a really wide bonnet scoop thinggo etc.

I'm certain It was an under cover cop car. Lights were easy to see etc.

Now... why else would such a car be used?

You often hear of newish Commodores touring the freeways with Chev badges and P plates attached. Seen a few now for myself.

I guess if you are silly enough to fall for it then too bad I guess.

Street racing has caused countless deaths... at least it's better than hiding behind some bushes with a hair dryer...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 21-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
Chopped
as in chopped

On The M1 (worse at night), they sit behind you, drop back, fly up to your bumper, drop back, fly up again. Normally either an SS or XR6 Turbo (watch for Aurions as well)
They are trying to bait you but you have to be stupid to take the bait.
They try to get you to put your foot down then bam! flashing lights... they caught another stupid.

Front mounted cameras would be useless in this instance.

My mate is bike mad and loves to do the Mt Glorious circuit. He goes up to the top, turns around and comes back down then does the loop again. A fews years ago he remembers a black Commodore ute going up and down really slowly (about 10kph below the speed limit). Most bikes were blasting past it including himself. A few days later he got a ticket/fine and a pic in the mail showing his bike crossing double lines (it's double lines the whole way!) sneaky...but he was breaking the law, so.....

Beware

Or go the track for your thrills.
Old 21-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #25
FLYXR8

yer we not allowd to race do bournout on the roads but if this was a cop thay are not any better then the ones that do this stuff. As said there was things that made it look copish but the way he was driveing would make him as bad as the hoons. I didnt go to hard with him but gave it a go.guss i will find out in a week if get letter hay.
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Old 21-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza
yer we not allowd to race do bournout on the roads but if this was a cop thay are not any better then the ones that do this stuff. As said there was things that made it look copish but the way he was driveing would make him as bad as the hoons. I didnt go to hard with him but gave it a go.guss i will find out in a week if get letter hay.
And you also need to remember how much better drivers they are than you. Police (in my opinion) have every right to do it. They are trained to be fantastic driver (HP). And if you are stupid enough to 'race' on a public road, than you deserve it

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

Old 21-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #27
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive been egged on.. blown their doors off.. pulled over.. and told to calm it down......
Old 21-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #28
FLYXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6T0Y
And you also need to remember how much better drivers they are than you. Police (in my opinion) have every right to do it. They are trained to be fantastic driver (HP). And if you are stupid enough to 'race' on a public road, than you deserve it
u being sarcastic.
so if i go do a advance driving thing means i am a top driver. And v8 supercar drivers can speed and do bournouts on public roads as well i have met some guys and grils that would drive round them all day long...so there training means thay can drive like hoons cuz thay no how to..
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Old 21-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #29
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza
u being sarcastic.
so if i go do a advance driving thing means i am a top driver. And v8 supercar drivers can speed and do bournouts on public roads as well
I believe the point was, HWP are trained and (repeatedly) tested in order to retain their role in high speed pursuit. Their training far exceeds that of someone attending a skidpan on a weekend and it's constantly under review.

End of the day, I'd prefer a HWP officer line up a clown at a red light and pull them over when they bite rather than having to deal with said clown who thinks its their god given right to goad me into dragging them from the lights.

How does it make them better than the people doing it? (I had to plug your original message into Google Translate to come close...) I guess you could use the same argument as to why police act like drug addicts to catch drug dealers. It removes the unwanted element from society, making it somewhat safer for the rest of us.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #30
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I believe the point was, HWP are trained and (repeatedly) tested in order to retain their role in high speed pursuit. Their training far exceeds that of someone attending a skidpan on a weekend and it's constantly under review.

End of the day, I'd prefer a HWP officer line up a clown at a red light and pull them over when they bite rather than having to deal with said clown who thinks its their god given right to goad me into dragging them from the lights.

How does it make them better than the people doing it? (I had to plug your original message into Google Translate to come close...) I guess you could use the same argument as to why police act like drug addicts to catch drug dealers. It removes the unwanted element from society, making it somewhat safer for the rest of us.
what do you.. said clown...

clowns male and female in VY commy wearing baseball caps reapetedly goad you at many sets of lights..

4 am youre heading home after a long night.. go away leave me alone..

another set of lights.. razzing you up..

light em up GT style... red & blues..

they were actually quite apologetic.. they knew they stuffed up egging on..

i think they learnt a lesson as well that night......
Closed Thread