Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
Coupes and More
Formerly HAMFIST

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The work he does and the quality for his age is inspiring. keeps me always looking at his thread and a lot of people seem to get a better understanding on how to do things and what can be saved by his photo full threads 
Default why do holden drivers allways want to insult you!!

we have had the coupe on the road for all of 24hrs and we have allready been called a c#%k and all sorts that i really carnt say on here. why do holden drivers allways want to insult you for no reason. how many people out there are getting insults from holden drivers??? from me personally iam not really getting any insentive to restore my coupe just to be called names.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

What absolute tools. I hate people who insult you because you dont own or drive a holden.

The funniest time I copped it was at a burnout comp when I was in my EF Ghia (6 cylinder). Lots of holden fans and young people in vn and vp commodores talking crap about how ford are crap and holden rule yet on the pad more than half of the commodores couldn't even spin there single leggers yet i hit instant redline with doubles. I didn't hear much more from them that weekend. Was priceless seeing the looks on their faces

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

Old 04-09-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont worry , there only jealous , maybe god mixed a few sheep genes in when he made them !. on a positive note WHEN they wrap there dumbledoor round a tree thats one less holden on the the road and hopefully a "darwin award"
Old 07-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
moodyxr
xr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
What absolute tools. I hate people who insult you because you dont own or drive a holden.

The funniest time I copped it was at a burnout comp when I was in my EF Ghia (6 cylinder). Lots of holden fans and young people in vn and vp commodores talking crap about how ford are crap and holden rule yet on the pad more than half of the commodores couldn't even spin there single leggers yet i hit instant redline with doubles. I didn't hear much more from them that weekend. Was priceless seeing the looks on their faces

haha why is that any one who drives a vn,vp or vs think there suddenly race drivers i am only on my Ls and have the big yellow ls in the window my mum my dasd sitting in the car and they still pull up next to you and try drag race you i think its shocking happend 3 times already and and its always been someone in one of those holdens
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I have had Holden drivers go past giving the thumbs up when up in my coupe, are you sure it was the car and not your driving style they commenting on ?

If your incentive to restore doesn't come from love of the car, then why are you doing it.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
grumpyoldb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I have had Holden drivers go past giving the thumbs up when up in my coupe, are you sure it was the car and not your driving style they commenting on ?

If your incentive to restore doesn't come from love of the car, then why are you doing it.
Two excellent questions....
Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I have had Holden drivers go past giving the thumbs up when up in my coupe
I find this to be the case more often than not, from all other makes. I would have to say I have never been on the negative side of a comment so far, and I live in Melton !!!! haha.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
bnbmotorsport
Starter Motor

I wouldn't worry to much about it.... It's a bit like the whole Australia-New Zealand thing.
A bit of friendly rivalry, we love to beat them at anything and everything, pick on them for saying things like "fush and chups" and tell them they all shag sheep. and they give it back.

But if any one was to ever pick on them we would be the first one in to help them out, and vise versa.:

In this country Holden and Ford are like a couple of Siamese twins, you can't have one with out the other, or rival footy clubs. you've gotta pick your side and cheer them on. : :

Sure you are going to get the idiots that shout out of the window at you, and they are idiots, because that is not normal behavior. I get it from Ford idiots too... but that's all they are is idiots... they can't help it they were just born that way.

What you don't see or here is the Holden guy sitting next to you at the lights and secretly admiring your car, and saying anything. Because that's what normal people do.

Think back to the last time you where sitting at the lights and you, and the guy in the next lane gave you the "Nod of admiration"... did you ask him if he is a red or blue blood?? Probably not is my guess...because your normal (LOL)

If someone asked me if I was a Holden guy or ford guy I would tell them Holden..:
But if you asked me to list my Top 5 favorite cars there would be two fords in that list, the XY and the XD.... and I'm a Holden guy!!!

Not all Holden guys/gals are knuckle dragging, wife beater wearing yobs....
We leave that to the Ford guys and the Kiwi's...... ;)

Last edited by bnbmotorsport; 04-09-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #9
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbmotorsport
Not all Holden guys/gals are knuckle dragging, wife beater wearing yobs....
.....Just most of them : : :
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #10
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly who cares what Holden drivers think, i wouldn't trust their opinion anyway..look at what car they admire
Old 04-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

I agree with most who cares.

Mate real car people, be it Holden, Ford, Mopar, etc will look at your car and appreciate your car for what it is. Be it 6 or V8. it's a GS coupe. It's a part of Australian car history. I am also a die hard Ford fan. That does not stop me wanting to own a XU1, A9X and a early Monaro. I would kill for a Charger as well.

Again mate real car people will look at your car and appreciate it. Who give a crap what bogans in 90's model V6 Commodore, equiped from K-Mart/Supercheap Autos and alike, think of your car. They are just try hards and not true car heads.

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #12
bnbmotorsport
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
I agree with most who cares.

Mate real car people, be it Holden, Ford, Mopar, etc will look at your car and appreciate your car for what it is. Be it 6 or V8. it's a GS coupe. It's a part of Australian car history. I am also a die hard Ford fan. That does not stop me wanting to own a XU1, A9X and a early Monaro. I would kill for a Charger as well.

Again mate real car people will look at your car and appreciate it. Who give a crap what bogans in 90's model V6 Commodore, equiped from K-Mart/Supercheap Autos and alike, think of your car. They are just try hards and not true car heads.

: :
Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #13
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbmotorsport
I wouldn't worry to much about it.... It's a bit like the whole Australia-New Zealand thing.
A bit of friendly rivalry, we love to beat them at anything and everything, pick on them for saying things like "fush and chups" and tell them they all shag sheep. and they give it back.

But if any one was to ever pick on them we would be the first one in to help them out, and vise versa.:

Been driving Fords for 30 odd years and not one insult from a Holden driver.....

Agree about the Aust/NZ rivalry too.....I'm a Kiwi, been living here for 25 years and the sport rivalry is all good fun....It's a good talking point over a few beers with the mates, nobody gets offended..The best party i ever went to was a Bledisloe Cup party in Sydney around 5 years ago.....around 40 odd people there split 50/50 Kiwi/Aussie......NZ ended up losing that one but it was all good fun.....The ANZAC mateship will never die
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Its not about 'not caring what other people think', its about the right to go for a drive in your car, and not be verbally abused.

It doesn't matter if there is 'freindly' rivalry between Ford and Holden, no one has the right to come along and throw abuse at you when it is entirely unprovoked.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

You should have Bought a "Charger" as EVERYONE Loves them - be that a Ford or Holden Fan

Hey Charger

You cant make everyone happy in today's society

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #16
ch33z1l
Dawn

Ignore the negative comments, and focus on the admiration and encouragement from your fellow AFF members and ford owners. You won't be short of inspiration then
Old 04-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pack mentallity.

Click here to see my ute
Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #18
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I wouldn't worry. I love my fords even though atm I do not have one, but if I see a nice Holden I will say to my partner "check that car out, what a beast" or "Wow that is a sexy car" I don't tell the driver that of course. I am just saying most of us can appreciate a car be it Holden or Ford if it looks good. Certainly if I had a nice car and someone yelled some crap at me I would just say "whatever **** head" and keep driving. The car is supposed to be what you like not what others like.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
Teflon Turbo
Banned

coupes bring out either the worst in people or the best, they are a strange beast...

that is from my own experiences...
Old 04-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #20
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly I don't get insulted by holden people. I tend to get along with actually holden supporters. A mutual love for cars. Its morons in riced up excels and other snot. I just get a nod of the head for the holden camp.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #21
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never happpened to me I have been in many nice coupes ,how where you driving do you have a stereo that can is audible from 200 meters .
I have seen people abused when driving through carparks with stereos turned up full bore or when driving like idiots in crowded places.
The only time I have copped any abuse was from some 14 year olds on bmx bikes I was a passenger in a Mazda capella that a bloke had spent about $30000 on in the early nineties and these kids said it was a piece of as they rode past.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a beauty at work a few weeks ago. Some guy and his kid come into the shop and the little kid points at my WRX and says 'Daddy look a that car'. The father says "It's just a Subaru POS". Should of seen the look on his face when I said it was mine.

Then he started making small talk about cars, clearly had no clue either. I looked outside out of curiosity to see what he was driving, and he had an ex cop VT looking like bashed crabs.

I don't angry about these things I find it funny, WGAF what people say.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #23
MAV50L
Banned

Who cares? Suck it up and deal with it.
Shall I send you a load of timber so you can build a bridge to get over the issue?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

i get the odd bogan' in a VL at the lights yell out "ya shoulda bought a clubby bra" , but most of the general contingent give me the thumbs up or a nod.

Those of us that are motoring enthusiasts when it comes down to it, we don't mind the odd car from the other side, but there is just one make we would OWN. I don't mind the odd later V series commodore if done nicely, so i give them a thumbs up
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #25
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Don't worry about it graham, we will have to brace ourselves for it anyway, we are ford pilgrims in an unholy holden land. but if it all gets too much, remeber what 46302ute said... take a spoonful of concrete and harden the F up! c'mon man, lets get out there and go for a cruise!

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #26
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I'm a holden driver on the weekends and i don't do any of that stuff.
Stupid thread.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #27
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMFIST
we have had the coupe on the road for all of 24hrs and we have allready been called a c#%k and all sorts that i really carnt say on here. why do holden drivers allways want to insult you for no reason. how many people out there are getting insults from holden drivers??? from me personally iam not really getting any insentive to restore my coupe just to be called names.
you own a coupe!! i would say they were jesting your (bad) driving habbit, and not bagging you car.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #28
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

People work in bizzar ways, i get it from time to time in the Austin maninly, people telling me to get my old oil burner of the road, some even have called it a gas guzzler (40+MPG isnt a gas guzzler imho) but they do so cause they know no better...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
Old 04-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #29
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudgE^SIKBRO
People work in bizzar ways, i get it from time to time in the Austin maninly, people telling me to get my old oil burner of the road, some even have called it a gas guzzler (40+MPG isnt a gas guzzler imho) but they do so cause they know no better...

Did these people smell their own farts afterwards??
Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #30
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Did these people smell their own farts afterwards??
southpark???
Closed Thread