Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Red Burnout

Found this on another forum, and did a quick search but couldn't find it here, so sorry if it's a re-post!

I'm sure it'll be of no interest to people here...cos we don't like/do burnouts...right?
This'll keep the drift boys happy anyway:

http://www.kumhotireusa.com./News/Im...O-redsmoke.wmv
3.27mb

-Stu

EDIT: Can someone tell me what sort of car that is? Is it one of those 'rare-as-hens-teeth' sil-eighties i hear about? (silvia front - 180 rear).
pitty the camera work is so shit! how could someone get it so wrong.

Last edited by dogbreath_48; 13-05-2005 at 08:21 PM.
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Was certainly different , would look good with my car being black & all but I dont condone this sort of action lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahaha, what a s1ck cun7...
Old 13-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #4
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how the hell did they manage that? looks funny as. is there some sort of red rubber made tyres out now or something?
and i am pretty sure thats a newer model 180SX with an S15 Silvia front end on it, not sure if its factory though.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #5
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeEA
how the hell did they manage that? looks funny as. is there some sort of red rubber made tyres out now or something?
and i am pretty sure thats a newer model 180SX with an S15 Silvia front end on it, not sure if its factory though.
I'm pretty sure the rubber itself is still black...
Old 13-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #6
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah well, would be cool to be able to get some! but i bet they would cost a mint if they ever did decide to release them to the public

Last edited by ClassicAU; 13-05-2005 at 08:52 PM.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i reckon they are flares... you know the ones that all the sick karnts use at the soccer?
I think the dude has a string attached to them which are hidden up in the wheel arch of either side.. as he gets it going he tuggs on his little string..... thus setting the flares off..

no... its actually kinda awesome!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #8
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
i reckon they are flares... you know the ones that all the sick karnts use at the soccer?
I think the dude has a string attached to them which are hidden up in the wheel arch of either side.. as he gets it going he tuggs on his little string..... thus setting the flares off..

no... its actually kinda awesome!
Rob me thinks you are sniffing too much tyre smoke..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #9
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

That's different... Red tyre smoke eh? Hmm...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #10
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

from http://www.kumhotireusa.com./News/News2005.asp#may06

Quote:
2005 Press Releases
KUMHO debuts red smoke tire for drifting competition

FONTANA, CA … May 6, 2005… In the last few years, KUMHO Tire has achieved a number of firsts: the first company to make a 26-inch light truck tire; the first company to produce a 28-inch light truck tire; a class win in the company’s first race in the American Le Mans Series. And now, KUMHO has another first: a tire that produces red smoke. This special version of KUMHO’s ECSTA MX ultra high performance street tire--dubbed the ECSTA MX-C--will make its public debut with Enjuku Racing at the Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta on May 6 and 7.

Enjuku tested the MX-C for the first time the week of April 18, and it literally left the team’s members speechless. “When we saw the red smoke boiling off the rear tires, we just stood there and stared in awe,” said Enjuku lead driver and team captain Matt Vassallo. “I think people will be blown away when they see this.”

The ECSTA MX-C was developed at the KUMHO Technical Center in Akron, OH. “At a product meeting here late last summer, several people were talking about the sport of drifting,” said Guy Edington, manager of the Technical Center. “While watching a drifting video, someone opined that it would be cool if the tire smoke coming off the cars was colored.”

From there the idea blossomed, and Jim Palombo, KUMHO’s senior product chemist, and Gary Bradnick, lead lab technologist, set about looking for a way to make colored smoke. They developed the right mix of chemicals and now have a patent pending for their colorful compound (they’ve also developed a compound that produces blue tire smoke). Following successful testing, KUMHO produced a limited number of the tires.

“We don’t intend to sell the ECSTA MX-C to the general public,” said KUMHO brand director Rick Brennan. “We built them to demonstrate our forward thinking, technical capabilities and ability to respond quickly to the market. Like our race-winning ALMS tire, the MX-C was developed in a very short time—about six months. And like our 26-inch and 28-inch light truck tires, the MX-C gets attention by charting new territory that no other tire company even thought about entering.”

Enjuku’s Vassallo agrees. “ With the car show market and drifting scene ever-expanding in the U.S., the constant effort to make your vehicle stand out in the crowd is the ultimate goal,” he said. “KUMHO has upped the ante with the ECSTA MX-C.”
-Stu
Old 13-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #11
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but last week some guy at Willowbank broke a record for donuts did 64 before losing radiator and rubber.
Next time he's going for 100.
Just thought this fitted here.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #12
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Not trying to hi-jack the thread but last week some guy at Willowbank broke a record for donuts did 64 before losing radiator and rubber.
Next time he's going for 100.
Just thought this fitted here.
very nice...but was the smoke red!? j/k. Would fit in even better if someone had a video? (here i go, hijacking my own thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
It says 240SX on it, so I'd guess that's what it is
you must have super-vision or something...

-Stu

Last edited by dogbreath_48; 13-05-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 13-05-2005, 09:11 PM   #13
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
very nice...but was the smoke red!? j/k. Would fit in even better if someone had a video? (here i go, hijacking my own thread)

-Stu
Try ch10 or 7 news room in Brissy thats where I saw it on the news.Sorry can't remember which one.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #14
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gary Myers and PINK smoke? I don't think so Tim.
Old 13-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #15
Damo
Banned

it was just a demo.

That was mad! Thanks Stu.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #16
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Can someone tell me what sort of car that is? Is it one of those 'rare-as-hens-teeth' sil-eighties i hear about? (silvia front - 180 rear).
pitty the camera work is so shit! how could someone get it so wrong.

I think the 240SX is one of those specially-for-the-US versions that isn't sold anywhere else, although I could be wrong. From memory there is a 240SX that looks very much like that in Need For Speed Underground.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 10:35 PM   #17
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN

I think the 240SX is one of those specially-for-the-US versions that isn't sold anywhere else, although I could be wrong. From memory there is a 240SX that looks very much like that in Need For Speed Underground.

Its definantly a 240sx from US as its left-hand drive. They were sold locally over there with the ka24de engine (read: peice of sh*t) and unfortuneatly for the yanks they never got the ca18det or the awesome sr20det which was standard from 1991+ in silvias/180sx and is what we get over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_efxr
The car is a so called fifteen eighty (1580), its a Nissan 180sx with a Nissan S15 front end. Silvias (S13, S14, S15) / 180sx / 200sx are virtually interchangeable when it comes to engine, front end, interior, suspension and other bits and pieces. Overseas 180sx's are known as 240sx.
Yep thats right if two people one with an s13 silvia the other 180sx get together its a straight swap to create a sileighty/onevia.

These only became so popular because it used to be cheaper to chuck a silvia front on every time a drifter smashed the front of his 180sx. Nissan also released a very limited set of genuine sileighty's however they are few and far between now and origanal ones would be worth a mint.

The s15/180sx conversion of the car in the video isn't as straight forward, it requires the making of custom front guards and possibly bonnet, i cant remember. You can now get the kits locally though for about $3k installed with swapover of your 180sx front.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 02:58 PM   #18
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
Nissan also released a very limited set of genuine sileighty's however they are few and far between now and origanal ones would be worth a mint.
That's what i was thinking of....so this ones not so special hey, just a hacked out, shit engined POS that's been smashed? is that where this is going?
Old 15-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #19
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's what i was thinking of....so this ones not so special hey, just a hacked out, shit engined POS that's been smashed? is that where this is going?
They can look awesome and are fairly unique not too many going around. Heres one getting around in Melbourne

The one in the video probably has a sr20det in it as its turbo, the ka24de that came standard in American versions was sourced from a sentra (non-turbo pulsar engine ).

Although i must admit it does sound fairly shite in the video might be a ka24de with a cheapo budget turbo conversion....
Old 15-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #20
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Although i must admit it does sound fairly shite in the video might be a ka24de with a cheapo budget turbo conversion....
lol, dunno about, it's a khumo sponsered drift car i imagine...surely then can afford an SR20!
Old 13-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #21
Walkinshaw
Two > One

If you turn the volume down its a fantastic clip.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 09:02 PM   #22
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
If you turn the volume down its a fantastic clip.
lol spot on there! nauseating...
Old 13-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #23
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

The car is a so called fifteen eighty (1580), its a Nissan 180sx with a Nissan S15 front end. Silvias (S13, S14, S15) / 180sx / 200sx are virtually interchangeable when it comes to engine, front end, interior, suspension and other bits and pieces. Overseas 180sx's are known as 240sx.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #24
V8 Holdens Rule
We will again and soon!

Kumho might be onto something here for Oz. Red smoke tyres for Holden, Blue smoke tyres for Ford....... would certainly make the VB Challenge look neat at the V8's. It could also get more real cars involved in the drifting comps too.
Old 15-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #25
Simmo
White Lightning

why do all ricers do statics like that?? cant just sit a decent rpm and make smoke like the rest of us. all that ****er revving just to hear the turbo spool up and down. pffft.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #26
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Heh, did anyone notice that it still leaves a black mark on the road? Pretty awesome.

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago some tyre company bought out a tire that was colored? It was soon taken off the market because the gangs in America were using them to mark their territory.

Looks good though.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #27
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow a shitty sounding car that looks like shit doing a burnout with the latest ****y craze. Awesome.

Not that I'm a cynic.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #28
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

no, not at all..
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #29
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^True but you would expect it to sound sweeet as if it had all the good bits on it, oh well my mates stock s15 sounds better than that lol
Old 15-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #30
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
^^^True but you would expect it to sound sweeet...
A sweet sounding 4 cylinder? Yeah right.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post