Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Thumbs up Goodbye RACV - Hello Just Car

Well after an hour and 13 minutes (mostly on hold) on the phone to RACV to update stereo details, I just about had enough. My stereo is a 'high risk' modification? You've got to be kidding _ Not only did they hassle me about the new stereo but ran through every single modification for some unknown and stupid reason. And on top of that they had the wrong prices on their system ie: $40 listed as the cost of my wheels. Ummmm hellloooooo!! Morons! After a heap of absolutely time wasting and ridiculous questions came this: (bear in mind that by this point I was quite irate thus the attitude)

RACV: "And when did you purchase your vehicle?"
Me: Last August but you already know that
RACV: "And the stereo was fitted after you purchased the vehicle?"
Me: I just told you it was fitted a few days ago
RACV: "Ok and when was it fitted?"
Me: Are you for real? I just told you
RACV: "Kristeena if you could just confirm the price"
Me: $480
RACV: "Is that for the complete system?"
Me: Yes
RACV: "Are you sure?"
Me: Well I can lie and say $2000 if you prefer
RACV: I'll put that into the system and see if it is accepted"
Me: What? I was kidding. I'm not going to lie and then get into trouble
RACV: So it didn't cost you $2000"
Me: (yelling) OH MY GOD NO IT DIDN'T!

This went on and on and on and finally I'd had enough and said "you know what, cancel my policy"

RACV: "Kristeena could I ask the reason for cancelling your policy"
Me: You
(UNCOMFORTABLE SILENCE)
RACV: "I have noted that you have requested the policy be cancelled as at 10th of August"
Me: hung up the phone and rang Just Car Insurance

Me: Hi I'd like a quote for Comprehensive Insurance
JUST CAR: "No worries" blah blah and what are the modifications
Me: This that and so on
JUST CAR: "Yep, that's all fine Kristeena"

No hassles over any mods and all straight forward. Had to laugh though:

JUST CAR: "And your registration number?"
Me: FRDGAL
JUST CAR: (laughs)
Me: Did you just laugh?
JUST CAR: "Yeah ford gal huh"
Me: Well atleast you didn't say fragile or ford gallery like most others :yeees:

Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Just Car - 10 minutes of that was organising the policy, the rest was talking about AFF ;)

2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe. I cancelled both my RACV policies this year also. Reason : "Not competative with the current insurance market" I stated. I got the huh response. I said people shop around it's in their best interest. In 5 years my policy didn't decrease. It was $670 for a EL Falcon 4.0 stock with rust proofing/tinted windows and wheels. I know pay $490 a year with Esanda.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Hehehe, I have an interview with the Just car insurance branch of AAMI - so if all goes according to plan, I might be soon helping some fellow members here with their insurance...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

I found RACV to be cheap, but unless you're driving a complete stocker RACV sux with crap limitations on mods! I changed from RACV to Just Cars as well and really like the "If it can pass a roadworthy, it's okay with us" type attitude! Just keep them notified of everything and it's all good.

Customer service has been better with Just Cars too, although I never had any problems with RACV.
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #5
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lmao... i have recently changed my policy over from RACV to JustCars too (lol @ only allowing you to lower the car by 30mm). Anyway, it has actually worked out cheaper for me to change over, whilst having a higher agreed value and unlimited mods etc, although my excess is a little higher, but meh.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got mine with AAMI and it's $100 cheaper than any others I have found on my EL XR6. It is stock, but a new cat back exhaust is on the cards in a few months. Looking at a Redback exhaust. So I'll have to run that by AAMI first before I go ahead with it.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
Well after an hour and 13 minutes (mostly on hold) on the phone to RACV to update stereo details, I just about had enough. My stereo is a 'high risk' modification? You've got to be kidding
As a matter of fact, car audio is a high risk. This is a fact. It increase in theft!
Quote:
Not only did they hassle me about the new stereo but ran through every single modification for some unknown and stupid reason.
The reason is due to the amount of people who frequently forget to update their policy and then sook when they claim and find they are not covered for items on policy.
Quote:
And on top of that they had the wrong prices on their system ie: $40 listed as the cost of my wheels. Ummmm hellloooooo!! Morons!
This is bbased on the amount you paid originally and the depreciation. Wheels do not effect the value of the vehicle as much as you think.
Quote:
After a heap of absolutely time wasting and ridiculous questions came this: (bear in mind that by this point I was quite irate thus the attitude)
So if making sure your policy is up to date and that you are fully covered, then I guess it was wasted!
Quote:

RACV: "And when did you purchase your vehicle?"
Me: Last August but you already know that
RACV: "And the stereo was fitted after you purchased the vehicle?"
Me: I just told you it was fitted a few days ago
RACV: "Ok and when was it fitted?"
Me: Are you for real? I just told you
RACV: "Kristeena if you could just confirm the price"
Me: $480
RACV: "Is that for the complete system?"
Me: Yes
RACV: "Are you sure?"
Me: Well I can lie and say $2000 if you prefer
RACV: I'll put that into the system and see if it is accepted"
Me: What? I was kidding. I'm not going to lie and then get into trouble
RACV: So it didn't cost you $2000"
Me: (yelling) OH MY GOD NO IT DIDN'T!
Again confirmation, if clients wouldn't complain when they find they forgot to list something at the right price, then RACV wouldn't have to be so thougher. People often pay less for audio or forget to include installation. She was actually doing you a favour, It's a shame you missed it..
Quote:
This went on and on and on and finally I'd had enough and said "you know what, cancel my policy"

RACV: "Kristeena could I ask the reason for cancelling your policy"
Me: You
(UNCOMFORTABLE SILENCE)
RACV: "I have noted that you have requested the policy be cancelled as at 10th of August"
Me: hung up the phone and rang Just Car Insurance
So you cancelled your insurance after the RACV tried to Help? When explains your next action....
Quote:
Me: Hi I'd like a quote for Comprehensive Insurance
JUST CAR: "No worries" blah blah and what are the modifications
Me: This that and so on
JUST CAR: "Yep, that's all fine Kristeena"

No hassles over any mods and all straight forward. Had to laugh though:

JUST CAR: "And your registration number?"
Me: FRDGAL
JUST CAR: (laughs)
Me: Did you just laugh?
JUST CAR: "Yeah ford gal huh"
Me: Well atleast you didn't say fragile or ford gallery like most others :yeees:

Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Just Car - 10 minutes of that was organising the policy, the rest was talking about AFF ;)
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

It took the RACV a year and a half to cancel a policy I had and they were still taking money out of my bank account for a car that was a cube at some metal recycling place. out:

I called justinsurance yesterday, they had the lowest premiums and excess out of anyone and highest agreed value. I'm going to ring the assessors later and get my car booked in and switch over to them.

Less than a five minute phone call! _2:
Old 10-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #9
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
As a matter of fact, car audio is a high risk. This is a fact. It increase in theft!....
That's fair enough. Didn't think of that.
Quote:
The reason is due to the amount of people who frequently forget to update their policy and then sook when they claim and find they are not covered for items on policy.....
That would apply to people who don't update their policy. My policy was always up to date. It is not necessary to go through every single modification when I call. I've rung everytime I've modded and updated so there was no logical reason why I had to spend over an hour (yet again) going through every single mod and it's price.
Quote:
This is bbased on the amount you paid originally and the depreciation. Wheels do not effect the value of the vehicle as much as you think.So if making sure your policy is up to date and that you are fully covered, then I guess it was wasted!....
My wheel package cost me $1780 less than a year ago. I don't think in that time they have depreciated in value to only $40. And before cancelling, she even amended that because her manager said that was wrong. And yes I know wheels don't don't affect vehicle value. That's not even the issue.
Quote:
Again confirmation, if clients wouldn't complain when they find they forgot to list something at the right price, then RACV wouldn't have to be so thougher. People often pay less for audio or forget to include installation. She was actually doing you a favour, It's a shame you missed it......
Again, my policy was up to date. And yet every time I ring, I get put through the ringer. She wasn't doing me a favour - what she was doing was questioning (with a very impolite tone) my price of $480 suggesting that I may be lowering the figure to keep in line within that allowable spending amount of no more than one third of the market value of vehicle. Or do you mean she was doing me a favour by encouraging me to lie and say it was worth more?
Quote:
So you cancelled your insurance after the RACV tried to Help? When explains your next action....
How did RACV try to help me exactly?? I think you've missed the whole point of my post. I didn't say that RACV have not allowed my mods - my point was the ball busting over them and the constant double checking of what mods and price. I was unlucky and happen to be answered by someone who obviously wasn't having a good morning and I wasn't going to sit back and take it. My last policy update was August 3rd so why do it to me yet again?!! It was only 7 days ago since they last ran through everything and 2 weeks before that :

There was no reason it should have taken over an hour for a simple stereo update nor should I constantly be grilled over the mods. If it's been listed on the policy then that should be that!
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 10-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #10
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
It took the RACV a year and a half to cancel a policy I had and they were still taking money out of my bank account for a car that was a cube at some metal recycling place. out:

I called justinsurance yesterday, they had the lowest premiums and excess out of anyone and highest agreed value. I'm going to ring the assessors later and get my car booked in and switch over to them.

Less than a five minute phone call! _2:
Yes I remember reading about your drama there. What ended up happening? Were you given any money back or??
Old 10-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #11
pauly85
commodore bogan

ive got racv on my xb, i hate ravc but they were one of the only ones who would insure it, just cars wouldnt offer me anything more that third party property because its over 30 years old, aami wouldnt touch it because its a V8 and im under 25 years old,

but suprisingly the XB is the cheapest car ive ever had insured, but the only V8 ive had insured.....strange

dont get me started on RACV roadside assist, after many dramas with them, then having an accident in which the car was written off, i called up roadside assist to cancel it because i didnt have a car to use it with, they told me the policy had already been cancled...which was bull, that was an hour phone call to sort that out, just yesterday i got a renewal notice in the mail for roadside assist on the written off vehicle...its enough to make you go insane
pauly85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:11 PM   #12
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Sigh - I actually work for an Insurance company dealing predominately with car insurance and I must say I can understand were your RACV rep was coming from.

Whilst your stereo only cost you $X amount of dollars it is actually worth a lot more from a market value point of view than what you paid. And as mentioned above stereos are probably one of the highest risk products to insure so the actual replacement market value is needed to assess it. Say your stereo was ripped off RACV would have to replace it and I doubt they could achieve the same setup for the price that you paid because from memory you got a fantastic deal.

In regards to going over the previous modifications of the vehicle I would say the Rep was just being thorough especially since you had brought to her attention that there was already an error in the cost of the wheels – something the people that had spoken to you previously had failed to notice. ($1780 divide by 4 wheels works at $445/ wheel take into account depreciation and a dodgy typo and I think you will find the error). The logic of going through all the mods again is to ensure that the rest of the details are correct and that there are no further errors. Each modification is taken into account both individually and as a group each time a new mod is added so you would have been reassessed on that.

There are a million and one rules when it comes to underwriting and risk assessment – just because you want to list something on your policy and believe it should only take a minute doesn’t mean you are right – there is a lot more to it unfortunately.

Now before you start to think I am not on your side think again – I have been down a similar road with mods and due to the fact that I altered the exhaust on my GT I am considered an uninsurable risk – Turns out any performance enhancing mod will condemn a high performance vehicle into uninsurable – and this all came from the company I work for so I have now had to go elsewhere.

Just Cars and the rest of the new breed charge you a premium and excess based on each modification so therefore if you have 5 mods that all have an excess of $20 your excess will raise by $100 so of course they will be supportive and allow you as many mods as you would like – More Mods = More Premium + More Excess = More Money for them. RACV etc charge you a basic excess regardless of mods you make as long as they are legal and within their underwriting guidelines.

Insurance companies are just like any other business they are out there to make money. Most of them are only after the middle of the market policies – the mums & dads in their Toyota Avalons type market.

Anyways there is always two sides to everything I think the most important thing is that you are INSURED!!

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #13
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Yes I remember reading about your drama there. What ended up happening? Were you given any money back or??
or??

I should get stuck into a rather strongly worded letter to them and the ombudsman, but I've been so busy and it doesn't look like it's going to quieten down any time soon. I've still got the police and their incompetence to deal with, the scumlord, the mechanic who bent the push rods in my car... it never ends!! :

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the stress because it's really taken a big toll on my health. :(

Way to hijack a thread Nik!! :

back on topic...
Old 10-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #14
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Sigh - I actually work for an Insurance company dealing predominately with car insurance and I must say I can understand were your RACV rep was coming from.

Whilst your stereo only cost you $X amount of dollars it is actually worth a lot more from a market value point of view than what you paid. And as mentioned above stereos are probably one of the highest risk products to insure so the actual replacement market value is needed to assess it. Say your stereo was ripped off RACV would have to replace it and I doubt they could achieve the same setup for the price that you paid because from memory you got a fantastic deal.

In regards to going over the previous modifications of the vehicle I would say the Rep was just being thorough especially since you had brought to her attention that there was already an error in the cost of the wheels – something the people that had spoken to you previously had failed to notice. ($1780 divide by 4 wheels works at $445/ wheel take into account depreciation and a dodgy typo and I think you will find the error). The logic of going through all the mods again is to ensure that the rest of the details are correct and that there are no further errors. Each modification is taken into account both individually and as a group each time a new mod is added so you would have been reassessed on that.

There are a million and one rules when it comes to underwriting and risk assessment – just because you want to list something on your policy and believe it should only take a minute doesn’t mean you are right – there is a lot more to it unfortunately.

Now before you start to think I am not on your side think again – I have been down a similar road with mods and due to the fact that I altered the exhaust on my GT I am considered an uninsurable risk – Turns out any performance enhancing mod will condemn a high performance vehicle into uninsurable – and this all came from the company I work for so I have now had to go elsewhere.

Just Cars and the rest of the new breed charge you a premium and excess based on each modification so therefore if you have 5 mods that all have an excess of $20 your excess will raise by $100 so of course they will be supportive and allow you as many mods as you would like – More Mods = More Premium + More Excess = More Money for them. RACV etc charge you a basic excess regardless of mods you make as long as they are legal and within their underwriting guidelines.

Insurance companies are just like any other business they are out there to make money. Most of them are only after the middle of the market policies – the mums & dads in their Toyota Avalons type market.

Anyways there is always two sides to everything I think the most important thing is that you are INSURED!!

Cheers, Tori
You make good points. I appreciate you taking the time to write that in the way you did too. And you're right, there are 2 sides but I still stand by what I said and on top of that, there is no reason why a customer should be kept on the phone for over an hour time and time again. Really, it gets quite frustrating after a while....

And as you said, the important thing is I'm insured and that's what counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
Way to hijack a thread Nik!! :

back on topic...
PM headed your way sometime tonight, I'm a bit slack lol.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #15
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do you guys know what just cars are like with young guys?
I am getting the bodykit done to my au, also future mods will be only things like exhaust (no extractors), lowered suspension and 18's and i don't think RACQ will be too impressed..
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #16
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I also work with an insurance company. From what you're saying GlennAuII I think you should be right. I would however check on the lowered suspension bit. Most general insurance companies(eg not modified car places) only allow a 32mm drop.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #17
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
I am getting the bodykit done to my au, also future mods will be only things like exhaust (no extractors), lowered suspension and 18's and i don't think RACQ will be too impressed..
there basically set up for the younger people. im with them and got full comp insurance. no hassles at all. just aslong as its all RWC its all good.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #18
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RACV sucks balls...I have been with them for 10 years and they didn't look after me when I needed help. Thank you AAMI (who underwrites Just Cars). I took their 50% discount option and have halved the premium I use to pay with RACV.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:31 PM   #19
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
Jump onto justcars website and get a quote... I've just turned 21, and with my AUxr6 with a few mods (the main reason i changed to justcars) my premium actually worked out to be about $300 cheaper than what it was with RACV, and they dont ask stupid questions when you lower your car or modify it (like, is it lowered 30mm max by a registered mechanic etc.... yeah right!), the modifications just have to be legal.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #20
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive sent a quote off to Just Cars for a 2000 Honda Integra Type R. I know NRMA quoted $2990 comprehensive with mum as the owner. Ill see how much if any at all Just Cars undercuts that by as a guide.

Im really keen to find out insurance costs because ive been looking for a Type R in canberra as they are rare here and might not have the chance on one too soon and in such good condition.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:11 AM   #21
EFFalcon
Last warning

I'm with just cars
they've been very good to deal with so far.
havnt had to claim though!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #22
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
How did RACV try to help me exactly??
They were making sure you had everything covered.
Quote:
I think you've missed the whole point of my post. I didn't say that RACV have not allowed my mods - my point was the ball busting over them and the constant double checking of what mods and price. I was unlucky and happen to be answered by someone who obviously wasn't having a good morning and I wasn't going to sit back and take it. My last policy update was August 3rd so why do it to me yet again?!! It was only 7 days ago since they last ran through everything and 2 weeks before that :
I didn't miss your point at all. You will be amazed with the amount of people who think they have told RACV everything, then when they claim find out they haven't. If it's not on the policy then you are not covered. Being told the modification isn't covered due to not being on the policy, often upset claimants.

Quote:
There was no reason it should have taken over an hour for a simple stereo update nor should I constantly be grilled over the mods. If it's been listed on the policy then that should be that!
I agree, 1 hour is 50 minutes too long, but you need to understand not everyone at RACV know cars. There are 1000's of people there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
(part quote)Sigh - I actually work for an Insurance company dealing predominately with car insurance and I must say I can understand were your RACV rep was coming from.

Thanks for your supply, you seem to have the same understanding as I.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #23
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Just one more thing regarding the stereo and as to why insurance comapnies have limitations. RACV obviously have 1/3 the market value of the car from what you said.
Where I work it is 20% the market value. Reasoning is this. Yes they are high risk but then you also get some idots with a $2000 car they have put a $3000 stereo in. The stereo is worth more than the car. It keeps things to a limit that will not outrageously affect pricing on the premium.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #24
Muley-EF

So has any one needed to claim with just car insurance yet??
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #25
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got an email back. They said they need further information to give a premium quote. Oh wells will just have to ring if i get serious about buying the car.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:27 AM   #26
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Just got an email back. They said they need further information to give a premium quote. Oh wells will just have to ring if i get serious about buying the car.
Serious? while enquiring about a Honda, hell I doubt I could even keep a straight face! Your Good!!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #27
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muley-EF
So has any one needed to claim with just car insurance yet??
Nope, but would be interested to here people's expeirences in this area! Hopefully i'll never have to make a claim anyway.
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #28
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Serious? while enquiring about a Honda, hell I doubt I could even keep a straight face! Your Good!!
Yeah and ill enjoy my quality engineered car while your having problems with Ford Warranty :P Not to mention being different to the pack.

If you can tell me how a Integra Type R aint a good car then id like to here it.

How about a little open mindness?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #29
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
Nope, but would be interested to here people's expeirences in this area! Hopefully i'll never have to make a claim anyway.

This is merely an educated guess on this subject.
I think it would be difficult to measure one claim to another with Just Cars as they do imports, modded cars and others.
I would imagine at times sourcing parts may be a little more difficult than your average repair on a "normal car".
Allow me to explain further.
I know with the company I work for it states in the Product disclosure statement that if parts need to come from overseas they will come by sea.
In other words if unavailable in Australia you may face a 6 week plus waiting time for parts unless you wish to contribute the funds to get them in the country earlier.
So my original point is a claims experience may be different depending on the car, the mods, or origin of the car.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #30
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yeah and ill enjoy my quality engineered car while your having problems with Ford Warranty :P Not to mention being different to the pack.

If you can tell me how a Integra Type R aint a good car then id like to here it.

How about a little open mindness?
Warranty problems, nope.

Integra Type R different from the pack? Different how? Have you got a different coloured neon setup or 2 monsta exhausts pipes..

Open mindedness? as opposed to open headedness! If you wanna career around shopping centres in something that looks and sounds like it should have a whip aerial and a 27mhz hand controller, then that is your right!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post