View Single Post
Old 16-03-2024, 09:16 PM   #71
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Favorite Car Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Chevy Caprice PPV Review by Uncle Doug................

These cars were a strange concoction and only sold to police departments. The interior was based on the standard Commodore instead of the upmarket Statesman/Caprice. The front bumper was closer to the Commodore Omega instead of Statesman/Caprice. The door handles were unpainted black plastic, same for the fender vent. Vinyl flooring and unfinished door trims. No badging to keep the cost down to not advertise a car that the general public can't buy. They didn't even blank out buttons for the missing Sat Nav and other interior functions, why pay for that.

And its those last two aspects that sums up GM's view of Holden, not good enough to sell as an aspiration purchase, so they flogged them into fleets instead. Same happened with the later Chevy SS, no advertising and a high price to discourage sales.
I love those things, its like a sedan version of the VDJ79,

https://youtu.be/LvynJKOdT4g?si=pJBX44laMA17af7d&t=14

Here's an older review of one by 'Regular Car Reviews',

He mentions about issues getting parts for it, GM follows the same part number convention globally, but the part numbers themselves are unique to their markets.

You can't give a GM US part number to your local Holden dealership, and they can't give Holden part numbers to their local Chevrolet dealership, they have no reference to GM part numbers outside of their own markets - which is absolute clown show material if you ask me.

Had the same issue trying to get US GM stuff out of my local Holden dealership, even though they use the same ignition coil on Commodores, no dice with GM US part number.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote