View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 11:17 PM   #90
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

I have been thinking about this question a bit. With nearly 40 years of having a driver's licence, there are quite a few cars that I don't see many of any more. I think of the 60's and 70's Chryslers that have long gone. Not to mention the bread and butter Falcon and Kingswood from that period.

A 1981 Ford Laser would by now have nearly 40 years on the clock. (Really, has it been that long ago ...) There are only four Laser on car sales. Ditto Ford Cortina (with the 4.1l was probably overpowered).

I think the surprise is the explosion in 4WD, large and small SUV. The large sedan is rapidly going the way of the dodo. I am seeing less and less of them on the road. So too is the medium size sedan (so much for the pious predictions in the late 1990's that we would have to give up our love of large sedans and squeeze into medium size sedans).

(To digress for a moment ... I would go so far as to suggest that when the economics of EV become more attractive, we will not see many Nissan Leaf, but more CyberTruck, HummerEV, F150 EV, etc.)
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: