View Single Post
Old 22-03-2024, 11:10 PM   #6
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The VF Commodore at 10

VF Calais V sedan, did have it lose power steering momentarily once, which turns out happened about 2 months after a recall had been issued for that possibility, and was fixed quickly. No other issues, just regular servicing and consumables.

Like smoo I love the HUD, like the warning about vehicles approaching from the side when reversing blind out of a park, but turned off the ****ing forward collision alert. It scared shit out of me first time it went off...2 hours into the ownership experience, open road 100km/h zone, closing quickly on car in front as I'm timing an overtake the moment oncoming car passes, just as I begin to pull out and put foot fairly well into it there is a loud alarm and (I think) maybe also a flash of red warning on the HUD, but I can't be certain of that as I've had it turned off ever since (because I'd just booted it I momentarily thought it was engine alarm). Never tried the self-parking; pride myself on reverse parking like a freakin' boss, but am starting to get curious to try it just to see.

There is some chrome around the shifter and where console meets the dash that can be blinding for 3-5 minutes in the middle of the day when the sun is in just the right (wrong?) spot.

Overall I really love it.

Re the 6 cylinder engine, I kid you not but either last week or week before Grays Online had a beaten up and hail damaged white 2015 VF Calais (not V) ex hire car in NSW...it had >800,000km on it. If I knew how to use wayback or whatever I'd link it here - I thought it was a typo, thought it was meant to be 81,500km instead of 815,000km or whatever it was, but then the photo of the odo confirmed it. If someone knows how to find it and link, it is obviously a ****ing unicorn (wish I'd bookmarked it to see what it sold for, it was rough as).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
The stereo sound is decent but Bluetooth connectivity is a joke, sometimes it takes half an hour to recognise my phone.
I had this issue, and also constant drop-outs, until I went into bluetooth settings and turned off the feature where it alerts you via MyLink when you receive a text message. Been flawless ever since.

Downside is I do like that SMS alert feature - that you can then select on headunit for it to read the message to you while you are driving - not just the convenience, but sometimes it is hilarious to hear Holden Head Unit chick reading some of the messages from my mate Dave, and at times when I'm driving the kids they'll text me some song lyrics to hear her read them out.

I also find it amusing when you give her commands to phone someone, she speaks all robotically as she repeats back the name or number, but then when you confirm she kind of sexily says "Dialing". Oh my that reads back bad.

Last edited by Mulva; 22-03-2024 at 11:24 PM.
Mulva is offline   Reply With Quote